This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

End July 2020 sleep tracking and app sleep 'card' disappeared. Reset of watch, reconnection to Garmin account has not fixed it. Does anyone know how to deal with this ?

watch worked as advertised from Feb to July 2020, functionality has slowly been removed from watch (heart beat history disappeared this week) and connect (sleep tracking gone)

anyone got the same issues or know how to fix this ?

thanks !

Top Replies

All Replies

• You have to define the watch as preferred activity tracker. That's it.

• Thanks but It’s already set as my preferred activity tracker. The tick is greyed out I guess because I only have one device and never had to touch this setting. I’ve reset the watch once also.

Possibly Garmin has the switched this functionality back on after the July incident. Should I delete this identity and start anew ? Maybe I’ll get a refreshed web settings and it’ll start working again. Anyone got any other ideas ?

• Have you tried on the Gamin Connect App side? Try to reinstall the App and re-register the Watch.

• These are things I have tried / planned

1. set swim 2 as my preferred device [sleep card still missing]
    2. Reset watch and deleted garmin connect from Home Screen  [sleep card still missing]

3. reset watch and delete garmin connect from iOS storage page, reconnect to existing account  [ in progress, will find out if sleep data card appears in the morning]
    4. Repeat step 3 with brand new account. What a pain. 

5. Get a refund ? Haha. By this point the device is a distraction to what the real deal is - GETTING FITTER!!

thanks for your input , if you have any other thoughts please advise, I really don’t want to get to step 5.

• 3. reset watch and delete garmin connect from iOS storage page, reconnect to existing account  [sleep card still missing (this is from auto). FYI I can get a sleep card from a manual entry]

3a. Set sleep time to 00:00 to 00:00. Wait another day then enter new sleep times [in progress]. Note that on connect website there's no sleep data or wellness data to export, only activity data/sports data. On the connect app sleep data disappears 24th July (see attached). 

3b. Call help desk. 

3c. Delete data on website. This may be same as delete account, see step 4 below.

4. Repeat step 3 with brand new account. What a pain. If this works then it's a website issue not a watch issue ?

5. Get a refund ? Haha. By this point the device is a distraction to what the real deal is - GETTING FITTER!!

• To summarise:  following manual recommendations, starting over as per help desk call hasn't fixed this. Only step 5 to do. 

• Do you want a sports watch to track your sleep? Is that it?

• Yes that’s right. I am on a new identity with garmin, reset watch and reinstalled app. Blumin’ thing is still hamstrung.

Sleep  feature worked on my swim 2 watch from February (when  I purchased it), till end of July.

Sleep tracking is an advertised feature & it’s in the manual.

So I expect it to do what it says on the can.

I think I just have to accept the fact that this is broken and it’s never going to work again.

i’d return it but I am in a remote location. :-(