This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OW tracking accuracy

Hi, 

I have had my Swim2 for around 6 months now. In the pool it is near enough perfect, the inaccuracies probably coming from user error! OW is a different situation however. My local OW swim centre has a 750m loop set out yet my watch appears to consistently register under that distance. For example, a swim last night of 4.5 laps equates to 3250m, give or take probably 50m. My Swim2 recorded 2648m, 600m out of sync! This is a regular occurrence. 

Another problem is that strava segment times can also be affected this as for example the segment set out for my OW centre is as per the 750m lap, and I am recording times around 1.15/100m to 1.25/100m. I am a 1.45/100m swimmer at best over this sort of distance so I cant help but think there are GPS issues here.

When I look back at my swim time for the session and calculate my own distance from the laps I have swam, my times always sit around 1.45 or 1.5 / 100m.  

Any advice?