This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim length counter

When using my swim 1 watch or my fenix 5 the length counter used to clock up and display each length at every turn so I could have a quick look how many lengths I had left as I always swim 64 lengths flat out without stopping.But now when using my new swim 2 watch I either have to pause the watch or press lap to see my total lengths.I’ve looked at settings and I can’t see any way to change this. I hope it’s something that will be fixed in a new update because right now I think the swim 2 watch is a step backwards.
any advice would be appreciated 

many thanks 

Ian 

• I'm not sure, if I properly understand you. Afair the screen you are displaying when you start the lap/interval is also the screen that will be displayed until you pause. At least I can always see the current interval distance during swimming. Just define a screen for your needs and keep it.

• Thanks for your reply,ive not tried having distance on my screen instead of lengths.does your distance alter on screen every time you finish a length? If so that will be my way around counting my lengths each turn.

• Sorry, just realized now, that you mentioned "length" not "distance".

Yes, the distance alters after the turn. I don't know exactly how fast after the turn, because if I look at the watch, I look always just before the turn.

I pretty rare look at it anyway, because generally I prefer to swim many short intervals instead of one long 2-3k session.

• Use interval length instead of length. I noticed that length is not changing properly at the first interval, but after the first lap button it seems to be ok. 

Or you can start recording, push lap button twice (one for rest lap, one for swimming lap), and length should be ok afterwards.

Note that probably this bug with the length data field problem was not reported to Garmin so far, and they do not know about it.

• Thanks for your help,I will set it to distance from now on and just keep checking the length settings after every new update as hopefully it will be added so it counts and shows lengths like my fenix 5 and swim 1 used to

• Many swimmers think in yards or meters. So 64 lengths would = 1600 yds/m or 3200 m in typical pools. That said, I sometimes swim in a 57m pool so trying to figure out where I am using distance requires more calculations than I want to do while swimming. So I have a separate screen I only use in that pool that shows the fields lengths or interval lengths and interval time. But that is on the Swim and 735xt. I am shocked that the Swim 2 doesn't have this. For the 735xt it did not originally have a countdown timer start like the swim 1, so when a beta firmware was released and they were accepting feedback, I requested they at least add all the functionality of the simpler Swim 1, especially the countdown start, and to my surprise they added it when they finalized the release. So I suggest trying the same approach rather than hope and wait.