This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stuck on white triangle

I have just performed a Data Reset on my Swim 2 and now its stuck with the White Triangle on the screen. Any ideas how to get past this?

• I've got the same issue - has anyone had any luck resolving this ... 

• If the Factory Reset doesn't clear it, then I'm afraid its a return to Garmin for a replacement under warranty. They did that for me with very little inconvenience. I did have an on-line Chat with their tech guys who just ran through the factory reset again, and then when I told them the triangle is still there, they had no hesitation in organising a replacement. Good effort on the Customer Support Garmin. But I'm a bit nervous about doing another Data Reset!

• I’m also having this problem after a Settings-Reset. How did you contact them and how long did the steps for replacement take?

• There's a web form somewhere on the Garmin site - I can't remember where exactly. 3 days later I received an email from @product.support ... they asked for a photo showing the white triangle on the unit and asked what steps I'd taken, serial number etc. Mine started when the watch wouldn't pair with my phone and then got stuck. 
    They then initiated a return for a new unit. I'd say it took about a week for both the returns kit to arrive and for the faulty unit to get back to them, at which point they sent out the replacement. Guess a bit under 3 weeks from initial web form to replacement.

I would say that I felt the support was really good and that the to-and-from responses were timely.

Hope you get yours sorted

• Thank you for your fast and excellent answer! I already found the form and opened a case.

Did they offer a "money-back“-model during the process? 

Well, personally, I don‘t think that three weeks are a great service. But I‘m relatively relaxed, because already ordered a FR945 and I will sell the Swim 2 when I get no cashback.

Thanks again!

• Hi Andreas, I just had the same problem and can't solve it.

Did you solve anything yet? I find embarrassing that such expensive devices can fail so easily without a solution.

Cheers

• Hi, unfortunately there is no way that you can repair it.

My history after that post above:

I tried to get a claim/complaint-number from garmin by the form, didn‘t work twice. Then I just called them and told them what happened (I was doing a soft-reset after a watchface didn‘t want to give me the normal watchface again. That reset then failed, because it never came back from the triangle.) 

The Garmin guy on the phone gave me a number (RMA-number) and sent me a pdf it had to include next to the bill. I had to pay the cost for the parcel. Would have been free if I would have dealt with the store where I bought it originally but I decided it wasn‘t worth the hassle.

The garmin site says, you just have to send in the pure body, nothing else of the watch. I did that and kept everything including the wristband, screws, packaging. 
    Garmin sent a completely new Garmin Swim 2 (including everything) to me, so now i have everything double, just the body of the watch excluded, of course. They needed just a day from getting my parcel and sending out the new one. (Well, plus the shipping-time)

I‘m living in germany, by the way.

I will sell the garmin swim 2, because I now switched to the Forerunner 945. That has the maps, which works fine for hiking when you use the komoot-app on the watch.

No more watchfaces from their store for me...

Edit: 

You get the telephone number by going to one product on their site and then there are some contact options, „want to know more/ further questions...“ on the bottom of the site.

• I've had exactly this issue this week and Garmin agreed that the watch was faulty and let me replace at the store that it was purchased from (I live in NZ). It wasn't too much hassle and they were helpful. I used the opportunity to upgrade to a Fenix 6s. Loved my Swim2 so much I fancied an upgrade!

• Most probably it is caused by corrupted system file(s)

As a tech guy, I would try the following:

- download a valid update file from Garmin. They are hiding it well, but you can find some with a bit of a search. I found 2.30 version. Because of former bad experience with various devices, I always save the newest SW versions before updating, so I have 2.40 as well

https://download.garmin.com/software/Swim2_230.gcd

- connect your Swim2 into the computer, open it as an external drive, stay in the root folder
    - copy the downloaded Swim2_230.gcd file in the root folder of Swim2
    - safely remove Swim2 from computer, I guess it will restart by itself
    - if not restarting, restart it, wait what happens

I would expect it to install 2.30 and start it normally afterwards. Yo might need to update it to 2.40 and configure it from scratch.

• Thank you for your answer, I will follow the procedure with the technical support here in Spain