This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 2 heart rate zones only display for swimming and not for running and cycling. Is this a known issue?

Hello

When i record a swim, my heart rate is distributed into the different zones.  When i record a run or a cycle, no zones are displayed.  Please advise.

THanks

Andre

• Long ago I reported it to Garmin, but I did not follow if they changed anything. I do not use the swim2 for run or bike. However when I recorded skiing with the "cardio" activity, it was correctly distributed to HR zones.

If the run/bike are still not solved, please report to the support

• Thanks for confirming.  I have contacted support and they are using my activities to diagnose the issue.  

• I have the same issue. Has your problem resolved? If so, what was the fix?

• Hello. I also have the same issue. Let me know if they fix it. Thanks

• Hello, friends!

Bad news Disappointed

I reported to garmin about the problem. The answer is following:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues wit this device but I am afraid that as this device is geared towards swimming the other activity profiles like running and cycling do not have the features that other devices designed for these activities would have so this would be by design. I apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here:​ https://support.garmin.com/en-GB"

• HI there, I have the same issue with garmin swim 2. My friend has the same device and it records heart rate zones for running, cycling and swimming just fine. The answer from garmin support is nonsense. Try to enter the the heart rate zones manually in the user settings. It should work. 

• Heart rate zones are supposed to differ depending on the activity (swimming Max HR is lower than running).
    And our Swim 2 supports only "swimming" heart rate zones, not the running and cycling ones.

Honestly I don't understand what's the problem in "supporting" other activities when it comes to storing 6 values per activity to define the zones.
    Or probably they just prefer us buying also a Forerunner...

• Hi Robert,

Do you know what data your friend has entered?

Did he enter only MHR so zones are calculated automatically from MHR

or

did he enter MHR and resting HR so his zones are automatically calculated from percent of heart rate reserve?

I assume he only entered one MHR - for swimming - as I cannot see any other option in my user settings?

Any help trying to figure this out would be appreciated!

I did a max heart rate (MHR) test SWIM and the result was 151 BPM

But kayaking this morning the highest BPM recorded by my Garmin Swim2 is 180BPM

so I think my MHR for swimming is different to other activities.