This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Running mode watch face display pace in miles/hr and distance in miles while set to KM

Watch and garmin connect app are set to km/hr.  It is positively set to km/hr in settings in watch and in garmin connect app.  I reverted also to miles and back to km, it doesn't help. When syncing - app display correct km/hr.

It is totally useless during run's, 

• I am not sure yet, will check it on my next run - BUT it seems that there is a setup in windows garmin connect --> Device settings--> General , for setting run in KM and not miles.  It do not show in the smartphone app.  I set it from miles to KM.  It does not sync with the smartphone settings. Maybe that is the root cause?

• I'm using GS2 only for swimming, so I cannot really test what I'm writing. I have only some remarks ;)

1. This might be an issue with the watch face you are using, not a general GS2 issue. Which watch face are you using? Did you try the watch face settings? My observations is, that the watch face settings are best changed with Garmin Express on the PC or Mac and then synced with the watch.

2. At least Garmin Connect Mobile for iOS has an option to show the distance in km which synchronises with the settings on the watch. Just click on the device icon (top right), go to General and scroll down (the last option -> Distance).

Maybe you should explicitly sync the settings with the watch (press on the sync icon).

• Thanks.  I am using original faces, and android app.  I noticed that in the Garmin connect on PC settings are miles and in the Smartphone they were set to KM.  So they did not synchronized.  I will do a test run now and provide reply if that was the root issue.

Appreciate your reply :-)

EDIT:  Seems that now, when BOTH android app and PC Garmin Connect app are set to KM,  face display during RUN  is ok.  So that means there is a sync issue between PC APP and Android APP and watch.

• Good to hear ;)

BTW, I had a similar issue with the heart rate zones. I had to set the values in the desktop app and sync with the watch. Then sync the watch with the mobile app. After that I could change the values also in the mobile app and the sync them with the watch.