This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the Swim 2 support the advanced sleep analysis?

Hi there,

I've been given a Vivoactive 3 as a gift, but am considering exchanging and upgrading to a Swim 2 since my most favorite activity is swimming.
(I'm not an avid sportsman by any means, more recreational, but do enjoy swimming laps twice weekly).

However the other thing I would really like to track is my sleep patterns (including light/deep/rem stages).

Can anyone tell me whether the Swim 2 also supports the Advanced sleep option (like the Vivoactive 3 for example should support)
See: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fitness/advancedrem/

Thanks,

Martijn

• I think, the best would be to ask Garmin support. There is the risk, that they will send you a link to the article you already posted, where Swim 2 is not listed. But imo Swim 2 is not listed, because the device is too new to be listed on this page. In this case, you didn't gain any information Smiley

Anyway, I wouldn't bother too much about the sleep analysis. Or at least I wouldn't expect an accurate analysis. There is yet no scientific evidence, that measuring only the heart rate and the (wrist) movements during the night is enough for an accurate sleep analysis. In a sleep lab they record heart rate, breath, oxygen level, eye movements, limb movements, etc. A smart watch records only the heart rate and the movement of your left or right hand. It's for sure more than nothing. But is it really accurate?

• I have swim 2, no advanced sleep detection. And the quality of sleep detection Is very poor After the last update.

• I have swim 2, no advanced sleep detection. And the quality of sleep detection Is very poor After the last update.