This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim 2 Beta 2.20 available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at: www.garmin.com/.../privacy-statement
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:

• Improve stroke type identification
  • Improve swim autorest
  • Fix last length pace data field
  • Improvements to wrist heart rate
  • Fix map showing on Garmin Connect for some pool swim activities
  • Fix issue with Garmin Connect graphs not always showing properly
  • Fix various bugs

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Swim 2 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Swim2Beta.zip. Click on the Beta folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Place the GUP3406.gcd file in the REMOTESW folder.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, download and unzip Swim2Beta.zip and click on the Public folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Place the GUP3406.gcd file in the REMOTESW folder. Disconnect the device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Thanks!

- At first check auto rest stop/resume issue is solved

- last length pace solved. Note, that in auto rest the value might be updated delayed, when the auto rest function detects when the length is ended.

- all the others will be tested at the next swim :)

"For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download"

Maybe its just me, but I do not find any form included. If needed, I can send an email though.

addition after first real test:

- map issue is solved

- I did not have problems with HR measurements, and it remained good

- stroke type identification feels to be the same, but I see it as an indication of faults in my strokes. Backstroke identification was 100% perfect

• Hi!

Further Bug Reporting

- Light During Activity and Gesture Mode on "ON" is NOT working. Only works if Gesture "ON" is Set in "Not During Activity"

e.g Option -> Light -> Not During Activiy Gesture is "OFF"

Option -> Light -> During Activity Gesture is "ON"

If i start a Swim Workout the Light wont turn on alldoh Gesture is "ON"

- Auto Lock? 

What does it do? Always / During or Not during an activity - -> Nothing is happening with this Feature. I have to

manually Lock my Watch.

- Bluetooth Stack is painfully slow at times. Also have to Reboot Watch several Times during the Week to get it syncing 

again in the Garmin Connect App.

Please advise and post new Beta Firmware for further testing. As of know i swam around 200km with the Watch. The Left Down and Middle Button feel the wear a bit allready - feel soggy.

-CK

EneryLab Austria / Zell am See

• sleep recording is totally hosed in the beta.  If i wake up for 5 minutes, go to another room, take blood pressure, pee, meditate whatever, either the watch or the connect app is only recording the last segment.  Suddenly have gone from 6-9 hrs/night to....2-3 hrs p/night.  

• There is no problem with the sleep recording. I recorded the following with beta 2.20 this night. All of the segments are recorded, and all sleep stages (even REM, what seems to be missing in 2.10).

Note, that as far as I know Garmin Swim2 does not record naps. They need some time to recognize the inactivity as sleep. Taking blood pressure, and extra meditation wakes you up, and the watch drops the previous segment, as it recognizes it as a nap/rest only. If you want to record your whole sleep, you need to sleep, period. There is a huge physiological difference between waking up for a pee, or waking up for a meditation/blood pressure measurement, whatever.

Note2: usually I do not use (in)activity tracking, this was a random test only. Last time when I tested, I put on the watch only right before the (short) sleep, and it could not recognize my sleep, it reported as a rest time. But I find it a correct way for sleep recognition.

• When are you going to publish a new release (public) version for Swim2?

• my vivoactive 3 is much more accurate in re sleep recording and stroke detection.  I can hardly blame it for confusing an over arm trudgeon with crawl which, along with backstroke, have been my main strokes since having rotator cuff surgery in my left shoulder ~ 2 years ago and now have 9 anchors tying the various tendons and whatnot in place along with a transplanted tendon.  The surgery went as well as one could hope, but being in the upper 60s requires a long recovery.  And i DON'T understand why my kicking, while improving, is nowhere near as fast as it was pre surgery (36-38 seconds 50 yrd kicking flutter which is now ~ 43-45 seconds.. That might just be getting old and the inability for full recovery..from even just 3 yrs back.BUT the screen on the Swim 2 is MUCH easier to read while swimming/kicking than the V3.  whine, whine, whine,

Gesture backlighting just never works on the Swim2 unlike the V3.

• For me also auto lock does not do anything

• Have the same problem with the gestures and backlight

• The interval pace WHILE swimming (not when resting) is in 5 seconds intervals. Also, I found that is not always rounded up or down of the real pace. So the exact problem is that the pace might display as 2:05 min/100m and upon pressing the lap key, the pace is a different number. At the same case was 1:51. Also, one might say that this happened because the last length was not accounted for before pressing the lap key, but I swam 1km at that instance and it wasn't possible for a last length to change the interval pace so much. Noted that the entire 1km was one interval.

Does anyone else has this problem or is it just me?

• New bug found:

Open water swim can be saved only in case an extra LAP is recorded.
    If you start an open water swim, and do not use the LAP button, only a start, and at the end a stop, the activity can not be saved or discarded. Every try of saving/discarding results in an immediate restart, the watch resumes back to the activity. The only way to end this loop is to press the LAP button (new lap started), and after that the activity can be saved/discarded. I did not test it with auto lap feature. 

I reported it to beta support