This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Font size during a Swim Workout

I have been using the Swim2 for 3 weeks, and am getting a bit more used to its functions & features. Being in 'that age group' that can't thread a needle without a magnifying glass anymore, I was using the Swim2 with a swim workout that I had created. It all worked well, my only gripe is the font size used to label the various data fields in between workout sets. I could see the big numbers OK, but could not see the labels to see what the numbers were telling me. I wonder if Garmin could increase the field labels font size just a couple of points in a future S/W update? That would be really helpfull.

Incedently, does anyone here have any direct comparison with any of the other watches, eg. the 935XT, in the size of the text during a workout?

Maybe i'll take a magnifying glass to the pool next time ;)

• I sure wish after 11 months a Garmin Swim 2 swimmer could reply to this question, if not actually answer if the font size for labels is adjustable. I too am of the age that I need glasses to read most text.

• There is no way to change font size or labels I think. At least there is no settings for it at all.

• Fatloafer, I don't know if you are still having this problem, but I can tell you what I have done to help see my Swim 2 while swimming. First, I purchased a pair of positive 2.5 diopter goggles online. (Think reading glasses for the pool.) These allow me to read the numbers in the data fields, but not necessarily the labels. I decided to place Time or Interval Time in the top data field. Heart Rate goes in the middle. And I set Distance or Interval Distance in the bottom data field. Most of the Swim 2 data screens have 3 fields. So if I am looking at my top number I know it is Time related. My middle number is Heart Rate, either from my wrist or connected to my HRM-Swim. And my bottom number is related to Distance.

I hope this helps.