This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

swim personal records

Does anyone know if Swim 2 saves swim personal records, and if yes, how can I force it to do that? I do not know if it is a bug that mine does not save PRs, or I do something wrong. (activity tracking is switched off)

• In the meantime I found a remedy:

- In GC add activity as a PR (it adds the whole activity time...)

- see PRs in GC, double click the time, edit, and voila, data is there

- send data to device - via bluetooth it did not succeed, but via cable and Garmin Express is ok.

• I definitely can conclude that personal records handling has a bug. With 33 and 1/3m pools, 3 lengths are not considered as 100m, but something very close, but not EXACTLY 100m. Wth this bug the watch can not recognize the laps as exact lengths, causing not record saving.

With 50m pool the records are saved correctly, I guess that the same is true for 25m pools.

• Same issue here. I swim in a 33m pool and all measurements have gone wrong so far. Not sure when the next 'public' version update will come from the Garmin team to resolve this issue as I am not willing to risk and manualy install the beta 2.20, creating more issues than the ones I currently have

• 2.20 will definitely not address this issue. I contacted Garmin, they are working on it (I hope).

• Same for me. I swim in a 17m pool and no PR.

• Please note that the watch recognizes PR only in case the distance is exactly matches. With 17m it is not possible, and you can not give 16 and 2/3 as a pool length.