This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM accuracy

Hi,

I have just compared the HRM data to my previous iWatch, and while playing table tennis, the Swim2 watch indicated a HR of 158! While the iWatch measured a more realistic 88. The Swim2 watch was then worn by my opponent, who also recorded HR of over 160BPM!

Anyone else got wildly increased HR readings? Should I be contacting Grmin directly to see if this watch may be defective?

• I too have noticed inaccuracy in the measurement of heart rate especially when you are at the beginning of a workout, but after it seems that the measurement of heart rate becomes more reliable. I made a comparison during a workout with my garmin Edge 810, the Swim 2 initially measures beats far above the real ones, after a few kilometers, however it starts to be reliable and HRM are the same as those measured from the Edge 810. Anyway I think it needs a solution on this issue because the avarege heart rate is distorted

• Running and Swimming HR seems to be spot on for me . . . BUT . . . Outdoor Cardio with GPS engaged gave a wildly high HR.  When I turned off the Cardio workout, the background HR immediately was correct.  So . . . Something ODD about Cardio gives inaccurate HR reads?

• I have no issues with cardio HR. Yes, sometimes it shows weird values for a while, but it is mostly very reliable for me.

• This has been a constant problem with my Swim-2. If I use it in cardio mode while riding a bike with a Polar H10 and chest strap it tracks with the Polar. But in the pool it goes nuts. I have a condition called Chronotropic Incompetence and I have a max HR of around 125. In the pool for the whole 1 1/2 hour masters workout it records over 130, even on the rest intervals. It's like it's counting extra beats. I have tried everything including having it very tight on my wrist.

It does keep track of my laps pretty well except for kicking sets and 75 meter lengths.

• Guys can you tell me which is the latest stable firmware version? Thanks so much. also can I receive it with the mobile application or do I have to attach it to the computer to receive the latest update?

• I got my Swim2 just the other day and it's doing exactly what you're saying! Bizarrely, my Fitbit Charge 4 also recorded higher heart rates for a logged activity than the exact same activity when not logging... Weird!