Total Ascent

Hello,

I just recently acquired a Forerunner 965 and have been running the same route with the watch every morning for about a week. Out of 9 runs 3 of them show a really high total ascent value. The total descent, min and max elevation values all seem to be legit. Every run is the same route, same distance, same time of day, roughly the same pace, etc.

I have attached the export log of these activities with the erroneous values highlighted in yellow.

Anybody know what's going on? Are these truly just errors or is there some sort of manual reset I should be performing prior to each run? 

Activities.xlsx

• What about the weather during those 3 runs?

• Weather is fine, and more importantly no storms or sudden changes occurring during the 30 minute run I have been performing each morning.

Here is some additional info that really makes me think this is a glitch or error. I am running a closed loop every time. In theory the total ascent should equal the total descent with of course some minor differences for the GPS and algorithm calculations. I checked the total ascent/descent on us.mapometer.com and the value is 46ft. The watch is calculating approximately 30ft (rough average) for the descent every time and about the same for the ascent usually. This is the data I would expect.

For the runs that show the total ascent as ~170ft is just wrong when the total descent is 30ft and its a closed loop course.

Note: This mornings' run had the same erroneous data for this 3.3 mile closed loop.

• This can be weather. Or maybe problem with the barometer.