Firmware 20.26 sleep (mis) detection

updated my FR965 with firmware 20.26 two days ago and wearing it to sleep like i always do, there was no sleep detected since two nights ago. Anyone facing same issue?

• I am having the same issue since upgrading to 20.29 - no sleep detected and no HRV.

• @Garmin-Sierra 

I think everything is solved for me and I would like to share with everyone what I did on Saturday to solve the missing sleep and HRV data after updated to 20.26 and then 20.29...

(21.9.) Saturday afternoon I made:

1. "full backup"

2. "factory reset and clear all data"

3. "restore all data from backup"

After I did that, I have to reinstal my favorite watch faces and again setup them all at my desire.

Maybe the installed watch faces were to blame for the problem ???  

So the last 6 nights sleeping data and HRV works ok for me.

• I had another no sleep detection night after 20.29 update. Restarting the watch fixed it (for now).

•  and , please make sure your sleep windows are set properly and your heart rate is being tracked overnight (make sure HR detection is not disabled if battery save mode is on.

• The only thing that has changed is the firmware. Sleep windows are still set properly, battery save mode is disabled and tracking is turned on.

• please answer my previous questions so I can further assist: 

1. Do you see continual heart rate data overnight, or are there any gaps?
    2. Did this begin only after 20.XX? (answered)
    3. May we have permission to view your Connect account to view the overnight data?
    4. May we have permission to reach out via email?
  • Sorry, missed the question. Please see below.

1. No, there is no continual heart rate overnight. It actually seems to stop about the time I fell asleep.

2.Yes

3.Yes

4.Yes

• So, you can add me to this list as well. Yesterday I went to bed a couple of hours later then usual and slept some longer today, and no sleep data or HRV. Pulse is just fine though.

1. Yes, without any gaps

2. Yes

3. Yes you have permission to view my Connect acount.

4. Yes

• I am having the same issue since upgrading to 20.29 - no sleep detected and no HRV.

• Here is the response I received from Sierra at Garmin which fixed the problem. It appears that the latest update modified some of my settings (I would have no reason to make those changes). Following is the email communication and response. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sierra, please see my responses below in blue.
    Thank you.
    John

On Fri, Sep 27, 2024 at 1:11 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello John,

Thank you for letting me reach out regarding Firmware 20.26 sleep (mis) detection. I took a look into your sleep data and I have a few questions/requests!
    1. I noticed there are some large gaps of heart rate data, mostly during sleep. This is 99% of the time due to battery save mode. Can you check the following settings?
      • On your watch, long hold the middle left button and go to Power Manager > Battery Saver > Edit > Scroll down to Wrist Heart Rate. Does it say Don't Change or Turn Off? Turn Off
      • Back out on the watch and go to System > Sleep Mode > Battery Saver. Is it On or Off? On
    2. Do you ever have issues with your heart rate being tracked outside of activities? If so, do you happen to have any tattoos? No and No
    3. I noticed your sleep window is set for around 10 or 11 PM to 5 AM. Is that generally correct? Yes
    4. Have you manually edited any of your sleep data in your account since it stopped tracking? I made a minor change to the sleep windows
    5. Out of curiosity, have you tried any type of troubleshooting on your own, such as powering the watch off/on? I have powered off and on several times.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello John,

Thank you for the quick response! If Wrist HR is set to "Turn Off" for battery save, that's the issue. Your heart rate isn't being tracked overnight, and battery save is turning on during your sleep window (disabling heart rate). Go ahead and go back into the power manager setting and change the Wrist Heart Rate setting to "Don't Change." Your heart rate should start being tracked again over night and you should have sleep data. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence with the software update with your settings or if something unknowingly changed, but this should fix it.