Why does Stryd connect when cycling?

When I start indoor cycling, my Stryd Powermeter (running sensor) activates, which makes no sense and drains the battery. Neither in the indoor cycling options nor the sensor settings I can find a way to stop this. Please help ;) 

• When starting an activity the watch will try and connect to anything and everything it is paired to. My Stryd stays on my show, except for charging, and it "sleeps" until I start moving it. I don't use my running shoes when cycling indoor so it doesn't connect. Are you using the same shoes that have the Stryd pod for indoor cycle? That is the only reason I would see this happening.

At the end of the day if the pod is awake then the watch will connect. Funny enough you can also drain the battery just walking around keeping the pod awake even now being in an activity.

I would suggest either using different shoes or getting into the habit of taking off the pod after your run and setting it on your desk or something so it stays asleep.

• I don't use the running shoes when cycling, they are just in the same room for the treadmill. So the Pod is not activated by moving it, but because the Forerunner is trying to pair I guess. 

However, it makes no sense that the Forerunner is trying to pair to a sensor that has nothing to do with the chosen activity. 

Why would it pair to a running pod when I'm cycling?

• A thought , Have you got "auto discover" ON in the sensor settings? Maybe that makes it look for and somehow activate the Stryd

• Do you have the Stryd paired as a power meter in addition to being paired as a Footpod?  You could have done it by accident, auto discover could have done it, or maybe it was on purpose because a lot of Connect IQ apps that show Stryd power require this.  If yes, the watch only knows that the Stryd is a power meter.  Garmin is pretty intransigent about any running power but their own, so to Garmin, a power meter is only a cycling device.  Thus your watch will connect to the Stryd during a cycling activity as a power meter, if it is paired as a power meter.

help.stryd.com/.../8594075-stryd-zones-data-fields-and-garmin-watch-setup-with-stryd-and-stryd-duo

• Yes, "auto discover" used to be ON. I`ve deactivated it now, but the Stryd ("power meter") is still connecting when I start cycling. 

• I've only got two apps, Spotify and "Stryd Zones" installed. 

You're right, in the sensor menu, there were two entries for the Stryd, food pod and power meter. 

I deleted the power meter entry and when cycling the Stryd is not connected anymore - so far, so good. 

However, when I'm running, the Stryd pod now also won't connect and stays inactive. 

• Go into the Connect IQ field, either via your watch or your phone Connect IQ app, and make sure you have the Stryd Pod ANT ID entered.  I _think_ Stryd's work around to avoiding binding the pod as a power meter is to directly address the Stryd via this ANT ID.

• Do you mean in the Stryd Zones (Data Field) settings? There I've set the 4-digit Stryd ANT ID and username. 

• I'm surprised it isn't working for you, then.  Try this to make sure Stryd is connecting as a footpod during a run activity:  start a run on your watch, long press the middle left button and scroll to sensors & accessories.  Find FP-ANTID (your ANT ID#) and see if it says "connected".  If not, select the footpod and on the next menu, select connect.  Every now and then, my Stryd won't auto-connect.  If it does say connected, then I'm at a loss.