This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware update

When will the beta arrive for 965??, as DC Rainmaker mentions here 

https://youtu.be/B6YtzZCgl-U

• Everything is perfect. No need to update anymore.

• Apart from the huge list of bugs in the forum?

• It kinda feels as if the 965 is like the 945LTE was... Just a filler, not too much attention or development for it. Slap on another display on the 955 and call it a new watch.

I haven't bought the 965 myself (was on the fence about it, would likely if I could get a really good deal as I have the 955 solar now) but seeing the (lack of) development I am very much doubting if I actually will. (Which, realistically is the more rational choice anyway... rather wait for the next 9x5)

• Well, 965 essentially is a 955 with a bigger amoled display, and I don't recall Garmin marketing it as anything else. It's definitely not designed to lure existing 955 owners to upgrade, as the segment who updates their watch with each new watch release is far too small.

The upgraders come from older watches (and there are new Garmin customers as well, of course). For example, I had Fenix 5+ (bought in 2020). For me 955 wasn't enough of an upgrade, so I waited. And 965's big amoled display on top of other stuff made me finally upgrade (I use maps a lot). Now I'll use the 965 for the next 3-5 years, probably, and then see what's on offer.

• According to Ray we could expect it to be available early next week. See the comment section of his website.

• the video/article is 9 days old. It should have been begin of this week. My guess, there are fixing the bugs encountered on the beta for 945 before releasing the update for the 965

• A....hahahaha yes, I'm sure the majority of the millions of reported bugs will be fixed...I'm sure it'll fix a couple of minor things but none of the huge bugs we're experiencing. I'm seriously considering selling mine and getting an Epix 2 given the state of the 965 & support

• The Epix has it’s share of bugs. More than the 965  does. 2 different teams work on the outdoor and sports and fitness divisions. I read that the sports and fitness division are better at fixing the bugs.

• I read that the sports and fitness division are better at fixing the bugs.

Depends on who you ask. Forerunner owners will tell you the sportwatch developers more morons than the outdoor developers and the fenix/epux owners will tell you the other way around.

truth is probably both teams are morons and don’t care about software quality.

The best thing garmin should do is stop developing new features for a year and fix bugs. And merge the 2 (or more teams. Have only 1 firmware that run on all devices .

But that’s not going to happen.

(recenlty switched my old 935 for a 965. The 935 had it’s software issues, but really nothing compared to the bugs/issues/crashes I experience with my new watch)

• As i also own an epix i can assure you, that the epix has definitely less bugs. i hope for a more stable fw for the 965, otherwise i will switch back to the epix.