This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Display visibility with polarized sunglasses?

Wondering how the display is in sunlight with polarized sunglasses on. I am currently using a 935 while wing foiling on the water and the 935 display is not great with older eyes. Anyone have experience in similar conditions with the 965?

• It's actually clearer with polarised sunglasses on in sunlight as they remove the glass reflections and to some degree fingerprint smudges so the screen is even better, especially looking straight on to the screen. Better than my Pixel 5 screen to be honest, it must be the Gorilla DX glass

• I use polarized glasses both for running and in daily life, perfect visibility 

• OK, great. Anyone using a protective glass? I heard that the stock face does scratch

• So far fingers crossed I've yet to knock it, but I'm a klutz so intend to get a protector, either tpu or glass I can't decide yet. Would love to hear any UK purchase experiences with either

• I am using a TPU protector. So far it's ok as it fits over the rounded edges (unlike glass protectors). The only thing I would complain is that fingerprints (especially with sun screen) are more difficult to remove "on the go" than with a glass protector. I am also thinking of buying an actual case to apply when doing hiking/climbing, so the bezel doesn't get scratched on rocks.
    Update: I actually just ordered a case (soft TPU, just for bezel/watch, not screen) - already curious to see how it works. Based on the description it can be very quickly applied/removed. Exactly what I am looking for. 

• Excellent, thanks for your input. I'll probably get a tpu protector & see how it goes. Any specific one you bought?

• I got mine from protectionfilms24.com (Brotect flex full-cover screen protector for FR965). Installation is a bit a pain, but if done carefully you won't notice it. As said, my only issue is fingerprints. I have no experience with scratching, as with previous watches I could always use glass screen protectors, but it should definitely help. I installed it according to this video: Youtube link

• What case did you end up ordering? I haven't yet bought a 965, but when I do, I'd also need a case for hiking etc. But all cases I've found so far cover also the screen, possibly interfering with touchscreen.

• For scratching, self-healing TPU protectors like the one you mentioned are possibly even better than regular glass protectors. Of course they are worse for impact protection (but impact protection is less important on small watch screens than phone screens, for example), as far as I understand.

• After looking at different options I opted for a soft TPU case just protecting the case/bezel, not the display. Apparently it can be easily applied and removed. You can find it on Amazon or Ali Express. 

I saw some hard plastic versions (with and without screen protection), but they were either to be installed permanently or people reporting they would break easily when installing and removing.