This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iPhone Users: The Forerunner and iPhone are 100% compatibles?

Hello,

I would like to know if Forerunner 965 is compatible with iPhone? I have an Apple Watch and would like to buy a Forerunner 965 to monitor daily data such sleep, battery and etcetera, but also to run being able to see al statistics in Garmin and metrics that only this watch could measure; however I've heard that it is not so compatible with iPhone. What is important to me?

--Be able to See and Reply messaging from my Watch such Whatsapp or Inbox for example. Either Voice (Siri/Google/Alexa) or quick responses.

-Be able to play music and control it just like in my apple watch (Spotify)

-Widgets such weather, Google or Apple maps.

-Bank notifications shown in my watch for any transaction done.

-Use my watch with Apple Wallet to pay.

Thanks

• It does not have the same level of integration as the Apple Watch so, no widgets or complications, the watch has its own weather glance etc. it won’t let you respond to texts/messages, and you can’t use Apple Pay I don’t think, the amount of banks that use Garmin Pay is still relatively small. (In the UK anyway) 

you will get bank notifications, but only when they come through to your phone, like any other notification, and when you are connected by Bluetooth. 

• 1. You can see, but that's it. Voice response - how, without mic? Impossible

2. Spotify - you can control but for sure not like on Apple Watch (I don't use it, so I can't tell you 100%).

3. There is weather widget, but forget about Google or Apple Maps. Garmin has his own maps.

4. Bank notification - yes, if you are connected with your phone via BT and you have notifications ON.

5. Apple Pay - will never happen, Garmin has his own payment - Garmin Pay, which works fine

This is a sport watch, not smartwatch. It has some features similar, but it will never be a typical smartwatch. I hope :-) 

• Apple restricts most of the items you are asking for .