This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touchscreen enabled vs disabled

Hello, with version 4.19 installed, I experienced the following two scenarios.

1) touchscreen disabled for general use + enabled for all activities. Start activity running + check touchscreen is enabled ( hot keys ). Touchscreen works fine with change pages, but whilst selecting maps + touch it, touchscreen does not seem to work ( e.g. can not move around map ), despite you enable/disable touchscreen with hot keys

2) touchscreen enabled for general use + disabled for all activities. Start activity running + check touchscreen is disabled ( hot keys ). Despite touchscreen is disabled, you can use it to change pages or select maps + touch the screen + move around the map, despite you enable/disable touchscreen with hot keys

Is that the way touchscreen is supposed to work ? 

• I saw your post and decided to try on mine. I have Touch on in General and activities. I selected a specific activity and turned touch off in the activity settings. And as you point out touch to move between screens and on the activity setting screen for the particular screen is active ...so something seems wrong. I did check in the GC app also that it showed touch off for the activity.

As I use touch I hadn't noticed this , but it would seem touch is thus effectively always on?

I didn't try on the map as yet.

• I have the same problem and it definitely feels like a bug to me.

I use the watch mostly for navigation. When you have disabled the global touchscreen option but have it enabled in the activity you can switch the data screen and you can also activate the map functions by touchscreen. But then you only can use the buttons for scrolling, zooming etc. On the map. 

On my epix watch it worked just fine. There was also an option to enable touch only for map views in an activity which I really appreciated. Software vice the 965 feels like an early 935 at the moment.

• we want this option to be available on our devices, as our own settings request enabled or disabled...