This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bugs on 965 touchscreen enabled for all (not working when you save the activity), ambient light sensor not so accurate, temperature sensor inaccurate

Hello,

I'm using the latest software 4.19 on 965 and few bugs to report here:

-touchscreen enabled for all all working fine until you reach the saving (not working when you save the activity) you still have to press phisical buttons to save maybe still need to activate something ?>

-ambient light sensor is working when bright light if bowse the watch it will not dimm until you wait some time this is not accurate we need fix asap, for ex like in our phones

-termperature sensor is this a joke ? you have to remove the watch every time and wait 20min why is the sensor even here ? a software will fix this

The temperature reading is not accurate
Your body temperature affects the temperature reading for the internal temperature sensor. To get the most
accurate temperature reading, you should remove the watch from your wrist and wait 20 to 30 minutes.

-sometimes the watch wakes up without wearing the watch for a couple of seconds..why it's a bug

-The schedule cannot be disable entirely---you have to specify a time you don't have this option full off...bug we need fix --even the sleep schedule sometimes does not go ON as it supposed to do-

-sometimes I found the forerunner 965 in power saving mode without any of the settings turned on or did by me - this need fo fixed it's a bug

-sometimes when I run, the watch goes to the other screen without any accidental touches

-the battery keep up only 16days without any vibration notifications all off, not wearing at night only 7 hours of gps/week, needs improvement

can you please report this bugs ?

• For the temperature sensor, it's purpose is mainly not to show you the outside temperature, it's needed for calibrating the barometer and the barometric altimeter (temperature at the sensor affects the barometric reading).

It's just that for several models Garmin has exposed that temperature sensor to the user so that you can use it to measure ambient temperature also, if you remove the watch from your wrist (which could be useful while hiking etc.). That's sort of a bonus for having to have the sensor anyway.

If you want to record the ambient temperature, it's better to buy a Garmin Tempe (quite cheap), pair it with the watch and place it somewhere away from your body (backpack, shoestrings, ...). But even if you do that (I have one in my hiking backpack), you'll notice that the recorded temperature is heavily influenced by direct sunshine, etc, so it's usefull mainly during night (I use it to measure the minimum nighttime temp).

• hello

what about the rest of the issues ?

• Sorry, I cannot comment on those, since I don't (yet) have a 965 (I'm thinking about getting one, but still using my Fenix 5+ for now).

But as a guess for the ambient light sensor, you typically want there to be some delay before adjusting screen brightness, otherwise looking at the screen is tedious. And even on my Android phones, that delay has changed from one Android version to another. But it's difficult to say, as you don't mention how long it takes for the screen to react.

• It's a great decision that touchscreen is not available during Saving an activity!!! I had VENU2 Plus and many times were accidentally saved  it before I wanted because of tocuhscreen, so please GARMIN, LEAVE IT AS IT IS NOW!!!

Thanks!

• There should be an option to choose having it enabled or not. It was on FR630 like to do all with touch and I had no issues , but we should have a choice.

• It was on FR630 like to do all with touch and I had no issues

I had a 630 and accidentally terminated an activity more than once due to rain or wearing a long sleeve t-shirt. I've seen similar complaints for pretty much every subsequent generation of garmin touchscreen watch, so I'm not surprised they made this change.

but we should have a choice

That would be nice, but every option Garmin adds costs them time/money and increases the complexity of the product, so I'm not surprised it's not an option. Besides, the vast majority of users will only ever use the default behavior even if there is an option.

• hmm...it will not dim for high brightness if you browse the watch, you have do nothing and take some before it will dim

• this should be selective not forcine us to do this

is there any bug report for this ?

• Absolutelly agree, no need active touch due to accidentaly terminates. If it would be an option then it will surely connected to all touch operations which is not a good solution. I use tocuh duirng the activity but dont want it duirng Saving. I love this  working in this watch! Please Garmin, leave it as it is now.!!