This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Primary Training Device - edge 1040 or forerunner 965

Hi All,

So I have both a edge 1040 solar and a forerunner 965.  While I am primarily a cyclist, I do run occasionally and utilize the watch to log those, walks and strength sessions.  Wondering if it really makes a difference which device I set as primary training device.  I would say I do 5-6 workouts a week on the edge and 2-4 on the forerunner.  Only difference is I am wearing the forerunner all day every day which is why it is set as the primary wearable.

Any advice would be helpful.  Garmin's docs don't mention anything nor provide any guidance.

• I'm very similar to you, although I never run (more of a walker off bike) and my Forerunner is a 255. So far I can't see any advantage or difference that the setting gives, my phone and the Garmin Connect app just seem to deal with either device equally and (dare I say it) faultlessly. The thing that I want to resolve is that the 1040 is also shown as a my primary wearable, and I don't seem able to make the 1040 the primary training device and the 255 the primary wearable. It's a bit daft making a 1040 the primary wearable when it's not wearable in the first place. Have you got that issue?

Steve