This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone able to use Garmin Pay?

Hi, 

Anyone able to configure Garmin Pay on this new device? Mine at FW3.58, whatever I try not able to create the cards in the wallet.

Same phone + same cards with old Vivoactive no issues.

Thx

• Yeah I did, no problem at all.

• I have the same problem. Cards works fine with my Fenix 6 but can't get it added to my 965

• Thx guys, en on what FW you're one? 3.58 as well?

This is realy frustratingWink

• Im still on FW 3.56 as the update hasn't come through to me yet. Tried again with my Fenix 6 and no problems at all so It can't be the card. The 965 just seems to hang when adding it.

• Same here;

1)same cards same phone on my old Vivoactive3 can be added without problem 2) same cards same phone cannot be added on FR965 3) same cards other phone cannot be added on FR965

After card details are entered or card being selected to add,  GC app keeps spinning (walking man) and after a while and error pops up that conncetion between phone and FR965 cannot be made although connection is there since even the error message is shown on watch. Thx for all insights !

• No problems here. I used it last night without issue. I am not sure if it relevant. I added the cards with my Epix 2 still in my account. I only removed it once I had everything set up. 

• I had the same issue all day, now on 3.56 (not 3.58) and after a few reboots, resetting network and Bluetooth connections on my phone, it’s worked after the 5th or 6th attempt.

also noticed that the 965 identifies itself in the Bluetooth profile as UAT-4135… that’s a little worrying… 

• I had the same issue all day, now on 3.56 (not 3.58) and after a few reboots, resetting network and Bluetooth connections on my phone, it’s worked after the 5th or 6th attempt. Same cards as previous 955 and 645

also noticed that the 965 identifies itself in the Bluetooth profile as UAT-4135… that’s a little worrying… 

• Good new guys, after trial & error I found the 'bug' and was able to reproduce the problem and fix.

If wifi is ENABLED (whether or not connected or not) on the FR965, the connection towards backend checks gets timeout. If you DISABLE the wifi (only for adding cards) cards can be added fine. afterwards enable Wifi on the watch and of you go!

I hope Garmin is looking along this, the hours of searching and debugging+ the cost to purchase is out of band!

• That worked great.