20.26 firmware sudden race predictor and endurance score spike

Hi all, 

955 user here just updated to 20.26 yesterday (rest day), first run after upgrade today. Normal 12-13km VO2 max mile repeats session. Got back and watch showing absolutely nonsense dive in race prediction times. 5km time dived from 18:09-ish to 17:22. Marathon time dive from 3:01:00-ish to 2:53:52.

These numbers are ridiculous and it’s ruined any sense of achievement I’ve gotten by slowly improving these times during my recent marathon training block. I know these aren’t super accurate anyway but that’s beside the point; they were at least stable before.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

I must say, first the optical HR sensor issue and now this? Are you actively trying to drive your customers away, Garmin?

Edit: for context my current half PB is 1:27 and change and 3:20:xx marathon, 37:55 10km. All from a few years back but fitness very similar in this block, same reported VO2 max figure. Recent half training run have been slower and probably not at sub 38 10km pace either but prediction is 36:40 which is nonsense.

Endurance score jumped a huge amount too, fwiw. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 400 points.

- Seriously annoyed runner