Custom Multisport integrated with Workout/Training Plan and/or “Resume Later” select from recent activity.

(Garmin Rep asked to post this into Ideas a I hope this is the correct place for this newbie)….

I want to combine two separate activities or “resume later” an activity that is interrupted by doing another activity.

Example scenario: I bike to pool/gym/track or “running course” and then back home. I want to record the bike to the swim activity, then do my recorded swim workout (in my Training workouts calendar plan) and then bike back home. I cannot find away to “resume later” or restart or easily connect the bike “to” and bike “from” activities that were separated by the swim/gym/run.  

Garmin says: Custom multisport option for this where we can do Bike > Swim > Bike. The only thing with that is you will need to hit the lap button to transition between the three. You would also need to create three different ones so you can have the similar custom multisport for the days you do gym/run also.

Problem:  Training plan or scheduled workout will not load through in any of these created multisport activities as I execute them. Unlike if i just start up a Run activity on my scheduled workout plan run day - it automatically prompts “do you want to start this workout”.