Concern with Garmin Forerunner 955 Open Water Swim Distance Accuracy

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a concern I've been having with my Garmin Forerunner® 955 device.

Lately, I've noticed that the open water swim distance it records seems to be way off. It's consistently showing a distance two to three times greater than what I've actually swum. I've tried everything from troubleshooting tips to enabling different settings during my swims, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I've seen a few others on the Garmin Forum mention similar problems with this device over the years. It's got me wondering how Garmin can still market it as being great for open water tracking when so many of us are having issues.

I've tried all the troubleshooting tips I could find, like the ones in the article "Tips to Improve Accuracy of Open Water Swim Activities," but the problem keeps happening. I even tried enabling a secondary satellite constellation during my swims and syncing my device with Garmin Express on my Mac, but nothing seems to work. I've also switched off my laps to see if that helps, but still no improvement.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Vibhuti
Your Friend of the Open Seas :)