Forerunner 955 keeps trying to update

Hi all!

I’ve had my 955 for about exactly a year. A week ago it went through an update. Then another. Then another. I finally realized something wasn’t right. Now about once or twice a day it will try to update and always tries every time I take it off my wrist. I have plugged into my computer and the program says the watch is up to date. I have done a factory reset on the watch, everything I can think of. Still keeps happening. This is on software 16.17. 

Any ideas? 

• Has anyone found a fix for this that doesn't involve replacing the watch? My 955 started this a couple of weeks ago. It's now doing what everyone is describing here - trying to update every 12 hours, and the HR sensor is totally broken. it claims I'm at a constant HR of 75 and never changes. No sleep data either, although the HR seems to still work during activities. I opted into the Beta program to try to get it to do a real, full update. It did yesterday to 18.XX, but the watch is still acting the same. I also tried a reset and a few restarts but no dice.

• Yes to both consent to view garmin account and contact me via email, I am based in the korea

• Yes to both consent to view garmina ccount and contact me via email. I thought I had fixed the problem by deleting the Remote SW folder via the Android File Transfer utility on Mac. But this morning it just tried to update again with no real update. And the HR when not in an activity is still busted and the battery is draining very quickly. I think I'm going to have to return the watch.

• same problem, steps mentioned don’t fix the problem

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. The Netherlands

• I will present my problem as it looked. In the first phase, my watch started updating every minute, and after two months the heart rate sensor died. Additionally, it displayed in place of the solar panel that the battery was overheated. I sent the watch to Garmin under warranty, and then Garmin sent me a replacement watch, i.e. one recovered from a return, etc. The watch worked fine until I connected it to the charger and it turned out that it was not charging at all. I sent the watch to the service center again and received another replacement watch. The third watch turns out to have the same problems as the first one - it updated every minute and the heart rate sensor went crazy. After writing a rather long letter to Garmin and sending the watch again under warranty, I received a completely new watch (no longer recycled) with updated software 1726. So far, everything is working fine. Apparently it is not the fault of a specific software, but problems during updating regardless of the software. Something starts to go wrong somewhere and then the watch does not want to return to its original state.
    To sum up, I have the fourth piece, but it's completely new and everything is fine for the second month.

• Same problem as everyone else - constant 1 min updates, daily outages in step count and HR. Consent for email and to access Garmin Connect. Brisbane, Australia

• Hi Garmin - I am also facing the same problem - repeated daily update prompts and after updates the HR sensor, vibration all stop working. I have tried suggested solutions in this thread and nothing is working. Can you please look into this. 

And consent to both questions , located in Australia 

• 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Australia
    Same issue

• The heart rate is working normally.
    However, you should not charge it.