Forerunner 955 keeps trying to update

Hi all!

I’ve had my 955 for about exactly a year. A week ago it went through an update. Then another. Then another. I finally realized something wasn’t right. Now about once or twice a day it will try to update and always tries every time I take it off my wrist. I have plugged into my computer and the program says the watch is up to date. I have done a factory reset on the watch, everything I can think of. Still keeps happening. This is on software 16.17. 

Any ideas? 

• same problem here,

1. yes

2. yes

Germany

• Hi there,

Same as everyone else.

1. yes

2. yes

3. Australia

I've emailed support multiple times in the last week and have had no response.

• Unfortunately, this issue has been ongoing for nearly a year, with no meaningful communication or resolution from Garmin. To my knowledge, they haven't provided any explanation for the problem or details on what steps are being taken to address it. This persistent bug and lack of support are the reasons I'm now considering switching to a different brand.

• I opened a chat with support yesterday and explained the issue. Per previous comments on this thread, I asked for a replacement and was approved for a refurbed unit.  I chose the mail-in my unit and wait for a replacement rather than pay $160US deposit to have the replacement shipped first. The last time I did this (yes, unfortunately, for a 935), it took less than a week total time. Let's see how this swap goes.

• I too had a successful replacement watch for a "new" watch, used the option of pre-shipment to my address with a $320 deposit paid.
    It was successful. The deposit was refunded, the only thing is that the international warranty on the watch I received has expired. I am selling the watch, I am using the 965.

• I had this reinstall issue with the last release for a week or so, then it stopped.

Now with the 20.26 version, its back. Reinstall every 15 minutes. This is incredibly frustrating

• I signed up just to share my experience with this same issue. I have a forerunner 955 that keeps trying to update, as well the HR monitor stops working and it needs to be restarted often. I contacted support and they were very understanding and quick to offer a solution. Even though my watch is out of warranty they offered a replacement. I paid the deposit to have it shipped out before sending my defective unit back.

I was pretty upset that a watch that costs as much as this didn't last very long and was considering switching to a different brand, but this experience has changed my mind.

• I had some horrible support person that said "how do we know its the update that's the problem" and wanted $150 for the replacement. I called again, got another person and they did the replacement with no issue. New watch seems to be fine after taking the latest version

• just had the same experience for the first support call. I need to call them back now and see if I have the same luck.