This update, version 16.09, is a Release Candidate. "Release Candidate" means that this exact software version is planned to “Go Live” as a public update as long as no critical issues are observed. All copies of version 16.09 will be identical, so there are no differences in functionality whether you install version 16.09 as a Public Release Candidate or wait for the update to be a Live public update.
To download this update on the Forerunner 955 Series devices, go to: Main menu > Settings > System > Software Update > Check For Updates
- Adds muscle maps to HIIT, Cardio, and Pilates activities.
- Adds the Endurance Score glance.
- Adds the Hill Score glance.
- Adds map types and map data field options.
- Adds weather maps to the Weather glance.
- Adds a Workouts app to the Activities & Apps list.
- Adds new activities for team sports, racket sports, and more.
- Adds notification watch face data field ability to display name or number
- Adds support for new Di2 cassettes
- Fixes Pace Pro screen freeze
- Fixes flashlight not retaining last brightness level
- Fixes some issues with Spotify
- Fixes popularity map theme not being displayed
- Fixes issues with glance folders
- Various fixes for maps
- Various other fixes
- GPS Firmware Update
- Sensor Hub Firmware Update