This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Youtube review by "The quantified scientist" shows a lot of inaccurate data, HR in particular

In this youtube review https://youtu.be/dv5l3tVYl2o?t=476 , "The Quantified Scientist" went trough a lot of data produced by Garmin watch 965 (which is running the same technology as our 955).

And it seems like data diverge quite a bit.

One of the dozens evidence (credits The quantified scientist):

And we should also talk about sleep detection and more.

and generally Garmin are you aware of this?

Can you please have a contact with author of the video, analyze what is reporting in the video, fix the bugs?

ty

• You're not on the same page.

Thread started on a different firmware version is now updated with experiences on current fw vers.

Skin tone could be an issue (Garmin said and I accept it as I wrote), but is not affecting mine or yt guy shot. We're just normal white people with a few hair and no tatoos on the wrist.

If you're trying to prove the issue is not there you're trying to dig a hole in the water.

The issue is massive and has been there for months now.

• If you're trying to prove the issue is not there you're trying to dig a hole in the water.

No. We are not trying to say that optical HR doesn't have it's issues, we are saying that the technology itself is not as reliable as HR straps and expecting is to be is unrealistic expectations. It has multitude of issues which can affect the HR measurements.

You haven't made any points to prove otherwise. It feels like you are expecting Garmin to deliver you something that you think some others can deliver. Buy those others and try them for yourself. If they work for you, great, use them. If not, oh well.

• Ok, the chest strap... you want to talk about another product. Not the watch.

Chest strap, chest strap. Very well. => chest strap, ok.

I will accept your mediocrity hymn.

Garmin watch it is what it is at HR wrist monitoring, and that's it.

We have to stay there, in the lower ranking. No expectation, no hopes.

"But others are doing better"

"I don't care and I like it"

"OK"

• It's not different product to use the watch with chest strap. Back in the day<tm> all the watches came with chest straps and the chest strap was part of the product. Then came optical HR and cost cutting and the HR needs to be bought separately. 

If you use to watch any pro sport where they measure their HR, you see them wearing chest straps, I wonder why. Maybe they know that if they want accurate HR they one should use chest straps.