This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incomplete running dynamics data since 10th Jan 23

I run pretty much every day or two and use my HRM-Pro or HRM-Pro Plus with every run. I noticed that my watch (or Garmin Connect) last captured ALL the running dynamics data on 9th January (watch Forerunner 955s FW 13.23 and HRM-Pro FW 8.80). That run and all prior had all the running dynamics data (power, cadence, stride length, vertical ratio, vertical oscillation, GCT balance, GCT percentage, respiration rate).

On a run the day after (same watch, same HRM and both showing same firmware) and on EVERY run since, I’m only getting power, cadence, respiration rate showing on Garmin Connect. So NO stride length, vertical ratio, vertical oscillation, GCT balance or GCT % showing/recorded.

Thinking this might be something to do with wrist-based power, I’ve set it to only get running power from ‘accessory only’ and been for a run again tonight but all those run dynamics fields are still missing.

It’s obviously not a big problem as I hadn’t noticed this data missing for 2 whole months but is anyone else getting the same and/or does anyone know how I can get all the running dynamics fields back?

Thanks in advance.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago
    [deleted]
  • Thank you for the reply Former Member

I’ve just looked I didn’t get and register the HRM Pro Plus until February so this issue was there before that.

• My HRM-PRO has worked fine across all the firmware versions since I got the 955 in July 22 - I think it was - apart from two days when it went AWOL for some reason that I haven't been able to understand.

Have you disconnected the HRM completely and re-paired it.

Have you tried a soft reset and failing that a hard reset (at least a hard reset is a lot easier now with the Unified Training Status incl HRV etc and one can copy most activity settings across if one plans this in advance properly)

If not , try Garmin Support , maybe the HRM is faulty and you would be sent a new one?

As an aside/interest, wouldn't power "from accessory only" necessitate a stryd pod or some other accessory? Did you get power recorded for the run where it was set as such?

• Hi what's happening to me is that i have been loosing  all data from the HRM-PRO for a few seconds or maximun one minute during activities where I use it. I already done: battery change, reset, new paring. Nothing has sorted out the problem. After the next marathon I'll open a case to the support.

• Hi thanks for the reply. I had tried removing the HRM Pro and re-pairing it and also adding a friends' HRM Pro but this hasn't fixed it. I've also done a soft-reset but hadn't gone as far as a hard reset yet... guess that's my next option... :-)

And yes, I still got power recorded for the run when I selected 'Accessory only' for the activity, which is weird!

• Strange indeed. If you do a Hard Reset ...Make sure to sync fully before hand and then make a dump of the Device folder on your watch onto your PC/MAC.

Look at this also. Its useful if you don't want to have to recreate all your data screens for example (if you have a lot of custom ones)

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=AXV7LuWgc73v21nq6nbDa6

• HI  and thanks for your help. The hard reset sorted it and tonight's run has all the running dynamics data back. I was a bit wary of a hard reset, thinking it would loose all my sleep data etc, but it all seems to have restored. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

• Hi I opened a support case, they replaced my HRM-PRO+.

• This is a bug. If the watch with its current firmware is paired with multiple HRM devices, it stops capturing HRM dynamics data. Previously worked fine with FW 9.60.