This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

14.20....it's a joke

Greetings,
so the 14.20 update fixed some misspellings for Vietnamese language?!
I mean, I'm happy for Vietnamese speaking users but with all the bugs this watch has I would expect a bit more consistent updates!

• Fixing language coding is definitely easier than fixing auto LTH, FTP, map manager, or navigating to a saved location. Especially when it comes to all the newer models. All we have to do is wait.

• I understand how you feel, Although I am Vietnamese but believe me, I am not satisfied with this update either.

Vietnamese before version 14.17 is still fine. It was broken on version 14.17. Then they provide a new version to fix some things that were completely fine before.

You're right. This version is a joke..

• I've updated to 14.20 and these issues remain...

HR - Seems OK - correlates with other devices

HRV - Seems pessimistic

Resp - Seems OK

POx - Seems OK - correlates with other devices

Sleep - Nonsense; rest as sleep, sleep duration and quality all nonsense

Stress - Weird!

Body battery - Seems pessimistic

Training readiness - adversely impacted by Sleep, Recovery time (itself impacted by sleep), HRV, Sleep history, Stress history

Training status - adversely impacted by HRV, Recovery

Steps - Seems OK -  correlates with other devices

Floors - Nonsense

Intensity minutes - seems OK

Calories - Seems OK

VO2 - Seems OK

Altimeter - OK although I live at sea-level and watch varies altitude by up to +10m

Barometer - seems OK - correlates with weather forecast data

Weather - OK

Compass - OK

Navigation - OK

In short, systemically not fit for purpose!

• I have a theory - they must have a certain number of bugs, otherwise the development team will be fired. Therefore the fixed old bugs and build in the same number of new ones. It's kind of like firefighters only pay for the time they put out the fire :) Effective management - what else.
    Jokes aside, it looks really sad.

• Totally agree, the exact same thing happens to me, I also use SW 14.20, everything got worse after 14.xx.
  • DCR just released a video showing the many (trivial) differences between the 965/Epix 2. I bet the Forerunner team is fully occupied with building out the 265/965 specific firmware, so no time to fix bugs 255/955 bugs.

• Bugs:

1- Weekly mileage covers period of 2 weeks;

2- Post run map Zoom up/down and </> are still not working (Garmin Rep: please pick up this bug, it has been there since 955 release!)

3- why bother 14.2???

• Your navigation works? Mine doesn’t. 

• Structured workouts in track running mode are broken since 14.15. No fix in 14.17 (although it said so in the release notes, but nope - still broken.)

And here comes 14.20 again with no fix. My watch literally has less working features now, then when I bought it 5 months ago. Not happy about this.