This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain issues with 955 Solar

Upgraded to a new 955 Solar, battery life does not  last longer than 9/10.  I have restarted the watch, i use a basic face watch, the Oximeter is set on demand only, i don't have any other gadget linked.  If i complete an activity it will lose 5/8%.  Solar part  doesn't charge or keep the battery charged therefore also not  useful. Not suitable for long distance races or to wear as normal watch as you are constantly charging it .  Any suggestions are appreciated

• Is PulseOx enabled by default? I can't remember right now if It is, but it's a heavy battery eater.

• No, by default it is only on demand! I made sure it was on demand. 

BTW I already contacted Garmin and they asked me to let the battery reach 10% or below, recharge it back to 100%, them see how long it lasted on a full charge.. Then contact them back if the issue persists.

• Following up as requested. i'm about to do my first charge after a week with 14.15 and overall, it's been better than the prior versions and is more remniscent of FW12 and below.

here's the lowdown from 99% a week ago

7.0 days draining 61% which includes just about 5.35 hours of All Satellites GPS (~16%) --> ~45% of smartwatch for 7 days or 6.4%/day. that's quite stellar using Big Easy with always on Seconds during non sleeping hours.

i could have sworn that there might have been a surprising extra drop one evening (2 extra %) but i only have that hunch as i didn't log my data super carefully.

but if this is the new trend, i would be super happy. that works out to close to 16 days of smartwatch use which is on spec for a watch face that has tons of fields and isn't the most energy efficient of the ones i have tried out.

• This week I didn't do trainings.

Charged 100% monday at 9am. Today thursday 11pm it is 78%.

So as a smartwatch it will last about 16 days

• Hello...I'm a new owner of a 955 Solar and every morning I notice a sudden drop in battery...Watch is brand new only 10 days old, bought from a local Garmin dealer - Cyprus...I have a morning report with only 2 options - watch and calendar, but that's hardly where the problem comes from... I don't use SpO2....and it drops as a battery drain option...That's a lot for just a few hours of sleep to miss a full 28%... Last night at 9pm . my battery was at 88% and when i woke up at 7am it was already at 60% without using it...which is not normal. .. I used to have 255 music but everything was perfect and I have not had any battery problems...I am currently using Quatro face if it has something to do with the battery.... Any ideas why it happens when the battery suddenly drops without i use...

• Look at my previous post about the drain. Probaby the battery will stabilize after a charge or two. Try to turn it off by holding the light button for 10 seconds. After that do not connect it to a phone or a sensor (before the sleep) and see after that...then try to discover what causes it...GC/phone or some of the sensors paired....and hope the new firmware resolves the problem. I asked if anyone got that issue on beta 15 firmware, but no one replied.