Running pace filter time now set to a minute !?

Today I was out for an intervall session and noticed that the FR955 pace is now useless after one of the recent updates. I was running 20 times 1min/1min 3:45/6:00min/km. It was impossible to reach 3:45min/km pace (alert: to slow) within a minute and also impossible to reach 6:00min/km pace (alert: to fast) in the following minute. It looked like the pace filter time is set to arround 1min, which makes it useless for short intervalls. Even for 5min intervalls it would still be anoying as to slow/fast alerts would pop in the first minute of the transitions. 

The pace that was reported after each segment was correct. Example: maximum displayed pace during 1min intervall ~3:50min/km, segment pace that is shortly visible after each minute was 3:40min/km. 

I had my last outdoor intervall training in October last year (pace was displayed correctly), so this was introduced with some update between November and today. I can imagine that the strong filtering was introduced to use the pace as input to the running power calculation that seems to be new as well. 

Is there any way to set the pace filter time back to like ~5-10s, as it was before ? Otherwise the watch would no longer support intervall sessions as it is highly annoying. 

BTW: the pace graph in the app is also wrong, super slow and smooth acceleration in between the intervalls, taking roughly a minute to reach resting-pace. 

Thanks,
Sören

• During the last months I was in contact with Garmin via mail, phone and instagram. Conclusion: there is absolutely no interest to solve this problem. Even one of the Garmin employees inofficially recommended to switch to another brand if accurate running pace is an important feature for me.....  I think that says everything. I will give up on this for the moment, very dissapointing.