This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forced auto update to 14.13?

Seems that today is my 955 hate day. I got it a few weeks ago and had no big issues. But today, first the freeze with custom maps and now - even though I've disabled auto update in my settings the watch is forcing me to update. First a cold start - due to the map issues - it showed that watch will be updated - which I stopped. But the watch insists on an update at a later time when I'm not using it. I check settings again, auto update is off. So now I'll also get this crappy update 14.13... Maybe this is related to the Garmin Express connection the watch had earlier, but I did at no point agree or start an update.

• That's strange, I thought my issue was Garmin Express so deleted the update file one the watch and did not get an update info again. I checked GE and there was an setting for automatic download of updates (no installes). I disabled it too. Then I had to connect watch again to Laptop and GE was still running. And... the update notice appeared again, together with the file on the watch. Garmin really wants that I install 14.13.

• Yes, this is a behavior that I experience also. After connecting the watch to Garmn Express, the update file gets downloaded to the watch and the update is offered, even if the Auto update is disabled in the watch menu. 

This is happening consistently, not just at fw 14.13.

Anytime I connect the watch to Garmin Express, I immediately delete the update file, because it is ME, who wants to control when and what gets updated.

I no longer install new firmware immediately after the release, I need to use the watch, not to debug issues, which Garmin developers had not tested properly. Not anymore...

• Yep, same here too. I had a non MP3 file in music file which I i accidendtly there put there using android file transfer on mac. i couldnt delete it so installed garmin express to delete it which worked but in doing so Express sneakily sent over the 14.15 update even though I have auto update off on phone. Having seen all the problems with 14.13 and before I wanted to keep watch softwate as original as possible (13.22)I but now its loaded onto phone ready to install when it decides.  Sigh 

• You can connect your 955 to your computer and delete the gupdate file on the GARMIN fólder :-)

• Thanks,  gupdate.gsp file?

• Yep, same here too. I had a non MP3 file in music file which I i accidendtly there put there using android file transfer on mac. i couldnt delete it so installed garmin express to delete it which worked but in doing so Express sneakily sent over the 14.15 update even though I have auto update off on phone. Having seen all the problems with 14.13 and before I wanted to keep watch softwate as original as possible (13.22)I but now its loaded onto phone ready to install when it decides.  Sigh 

• Yep. I don't remember now the exact finde name, but yes, it's quite obvious that's the file.

Usually It should be around 28-29 MB.