This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Todays Exercise load attributed to following day?

On my Garmin 955 todays (Wednesday 7th) exercise load shows as  tomorrow (Thursday 8th) although there is no “T” to the right  of the “W” Is this just showing current ??  .. Connect App is correct

updated to 13.22 today, I have powered off and on watch

• Which country are you in? This could be a timezone (UTC versus local time) bug.

• UTC + 11 Sydney, Australia 

• That's the most likely explanation, then. The watch is storing stuff in UTC, but not translating back to local time to "bin" the activities into days for display in that graph.

As I'm currently in the UTC timezone (in the "Old Dart") this sort of thing won't happen.

What it might mean is that early morning activities for the folks in the Americas are binned to the previous day in the graph.

• No correction either, Thursdays activities just added ontop…. Interesting Mondays load is not reflective of actual activities either

• I’m having the exact same issue, would love to see a fix

• I’m having the exact same issue, would love to see a fix

Are you also in a timezone ahead of Greenwich by a few hours?

• Yeah, I’m in Victoria Australia. I’ve got the same problem where afternoon workouts appear as the following day 
  • I finally understood what this bug is about as it happened to me too!  I run a marathon on a Sunday but the training load was assigned to the next day and it makes no sense!

I also have seen another 2-3 more bugs that I am getting too tired to report :( :( :( 

• The watch probably works internally with UTC times (which is sensible). The bug is that the graph display on the watch for exercise load does not translate back to the local timezone correctly when generating the graph. It's probably applying the timezone correction to a time that's already been corrected.

For example, if you do an activity at 14:00 on a Tuesday in UTC+11 timezone, that would be at 03:00 UTC. However if the timezone correction is done twice, that will appear to be 01:00 on Wednesday.

This may also mean that someone doing a run in the morning in Hawaii (UTC-10) will get their activity graphed as belonging to the previous day.

• yes, i have had this issue, and also the reverse where it displays load on the day before it actually was, and sometimes it misses the most recent load entirely... seems to be completely useless.

i'm in NZ so well ahead of GMT which might well be the cause but thats ridiculous if garmin can't handle timezones consistently letalone correctly