This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touchscreen becomes unresponsive after few days

Since my 955 has been updated to FW 12.27 I started to notice that after some time (usually around 2 weeks), touch becomes unresponsive. When it happens, it is not possible to select any widget glance by tapping on it and also scrolling becomes more laggy.

Button-based navigation within the UI remains working even after touch-based is broken.
Restart of the watch fixes the issue for next few days.
Before 12.27 I haven't experienced this issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• I have the same problem which seems to have become worse recently. Restart restore the responsiveness for a day or so, but then it will fail to respond at all at times.

• Strangely never had any issues with touch my side , across all FW versions

• . I don't understand what they are waiting for to fix this serious problem and the only response from Garmin is that you can use the buttons.

• Same problem.
    Forerunner 955 non-solar
    Version 14.13.

Watch bought in China in late December 2022.

• The watch has not worked properly since I first bought it. Garmin store is refusing to give a refund if there is any cosmetic defects due to use, only giving the option of repairing. It seems unlikely anything that store can repair the touch screen themselves as it appears to be a massive software defect given the number of others with the same problem. 
  • Non solar version. No IQ addons. I do a soft reset after every update. Updated yesterday from 13.23 to 14.13. touchscreen works perfect the 1st day. Also new scrolling features in widgets.

This evening I did a "round trip routing" for 22k plan today in "trail" activity in navigation menu. Calculation durated as long as normal, but cpu had to do.

After the "round trip routing" calculation I went back to normal watch face and recognised the well known laggy touchscreen behaviour throughout all widgets and functions that started with 12.xx sw-versions and following. Soft reset helped back to normal behaviour. I had contact with Garmin-Kevin for that reason some weeks. Hope they will find the issue soon!

• Yes, same thing has been occurring for me. 

• The situation worsened with 14.13. Now happen also 3/4 times per day. Usually the problem appear after a sync with WiFi or with connect IQ sync. Now the touchscreen became without response when the problem appear. The solution are reboot the device.

There seems to be a memory leak, because the  bug occurs after heavy use of the device.....

• I have found that in addition to the soft reset the touch screen starts working again if you disable it and then immediately re-enable it