This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Primary race that can’t be removed from FR 955

I did a calendar event (race) based on a public event.

I changed my mind and deleted it from GCM calendar but it doesn’t go away from my watch.

I have tried to create another one on same day to overwrite it and mark other events as primary race but nothing helps.

any idea how to solve this?

• Did you try holding the power button for long press and then restart the watch?

just something else to keep in mind I also did a race setup from a public event and somehow that event got deleted by the creator I guess which deleted it for me as well so now I always set up an event from scratch 

• Yes tried that including several advanced (not recommendedj test involved deleting files from watch. Slight smile

watch seems to in all cases recreate the calendar.fit file that’s including the primary race

But I do think I found a way that is repeatable!

it seems that that different races/events have different priority for watch.

so public event is higher priority than your own created event and a running event is higher than a cycling event.

so my solution was to find a public cycling event and made it priority race status, that replaced the “sticky” running one.

and the new cycling one was removed from watch when it was deleted from GC calendar.

problem solved for this time.

• Interestingly I just deleted my primary and a secondary race from the GC App calendar (due to change in circumstances) and they both were removed from the race widget and race calendar with no issue at all. 

• Hmm maybe it is related to this specific event or perhaps swedish national characters like ö in göteborgsvarvet

• I just had another issue with events. I put in an event in GC app. Was synced to the watch. All good. But then I realised the Suggested Workouts don’t take affect until six months prior to race day. So wanted to delete the event again. Now, it’s not in the GC app, but going to connect.garmin it’s there.

Is this a bug or the way it’s supposed to be?

(Deleted the event, and after syncing with GC app, it’s also removed from the watch (955, 12.27)

• +1

I added a racing event (public) one long time ago. A while ago (few weeks), I removed it from Garmin Connect Calendar, but it still shows up in my watch's Race widget. How can this race be removed from the Race widget? There is another race in the widget that is marked as the primary race (and also correctly synced with Garmin Connect Calendar).

Software: v13.15, but was also present in the stable version before this one.

• Did you try a long hold power down and restart using the top left button until the watch powers down? Then Restart it. Sometimes sorts odd issues.

Note: I stopped using public events, rather create my own. If they get changed by someone then it affects your event. Don't assume a public event is an officially placed item. I had one I set up vanish as the public event was deleted ...event..

• Thanks. Yes, I did try that, but it doesn't solve the issue unfortunately. 

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • 1 and 2 Yes, Czech Republic.

I have the same problem. My primary race has not been removed - it is not in the calendar, it is in the watch. Restarting, synchronizing, replacing with another race does not help.