This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Max Heart Rate Changed Without Meeting the "New" Max Heart Rate During the Activity

Hello all,

Some of you have reported that your max heart rate was updated (to a higher value, not a lower value) after an activity to a value higher than you actually achieved during that activity. For example, if your high HR in an activity was 160 and your Max HR went from 181 to 185), this is what I'm concerned about. If you have experienced this, please answer the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
  2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
  3. In what country do you live?

I am tagging some of you that I have seen that mentioned this circumstance:

I should note that, if you have Auto Detect turned on, the watch will continue to adjust your Max HR to lower values when your High HR in activities continues to get lower as your fitness increases. As your fitness increases, so does the efficiency of your heart, so the Max HR reading will continue to lower.  You will see this more frequently if you set a higher Max HR manually than the watch calculates based on the history on your watch.