This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not maintaining GPS Lock in GPS Only mode

My Forerunner 955 doesn't maintain its GPS lock when starting an activity, specifically in GPS Only mode (Multiband and All-System work fine). It keeps losing and gaining it. Accuracy is also abysmal compared to the other modes. Anyone else experiencing this? Haven't noticed this before Firmware Version 12.23.

A video showing this:

• All,

This disruption may be resolved by our latest Beta software (13.15) release.  If you choose to enroll in the Beta Software program, please be sure to follow up here and let us know if this resolves your device's GPS difficulties.

Enrolling in Garmin Beta Software Program

• Hi,

still the same behavior on version 13.22.

• Thank you for the follow up .  Could you post a new video showing us what you see on your watch when on GPS only mode and trying to connect to GPS?

• Hi,

exactly the same behavior as on my previous video already uploaded to your server. Green, red, green, red, etc. "All systems" seems to be OK.

• Good to know.  If you can please upload a video, I'll be sure to add that to the report I have submitted under your user profile.

• Here it is, recorded a few minutes ago.

• Thank you !  I have added this video to your report.  Once I know more, I'll follow up with you via email.

• I am at beta V14.08, i have the same issue with all GPS modes.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Turkey

• Hi,

exactly the same behavior in "GPS ONLY" mode on FW 14.13 and GPS 2.37 as on my previous video already uploaded to your server. Green, red, green, red, etc. "ALL SYSTEMS" seems to be OK.

• Hi,

exactly the same behavior in "GPS ONLY" mode on FW 14.15 and GPS 2.37 as on my previous video already uploaded to your server. Green, red, green, red, etc. "ALL SYSTEMS" seems to be OK.