This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there anyone who is not experiencing any issues introduced by 12.20 or 12.23 ?

Is there anyone who is not experiencing any issues introduced by 12.20 or 12.23 ?

I am curious if there is anyone who is NOT experiencing battery drain/training status/heart rate zone that could be introduced by 12.20 or 12.23.

Those issues above might come from 11 version and I am curious if updating to 12.23 will cause another new issue.

• is anyone not having the cadence reporting issues if you are running

No. It is still all fine by me. Just ran a few days ago intervals and with a metronome. did not notice errors with the cadence on the graphs.

feel lucky i didn't update from 11.12

Lucky man. I think about to roll back to default by watch factory reset. Just don't want to lose some stats and have to stay at 12.xx.

convinced the battery issues

I don't have such a problem with battery. Looks like it is only solar versions issue. Not sure.

willing to try out 12.23

Just look at the 12.23 release notes. If you find something useful for you, give it a try.

• I am on 12.23 - Using an Iphone, Beats headset and Stryd,

- Using one of the standard watchfaces 
    - Multiband off
    - Gesture on
    - 10 pct light on gesture.

Started a week with 100 pct.

Monday - 4.5 hour walk (Walking mode)
    Thuesday - 5 hour walk (Walking mode)
    Wednesday - 5 hour walk (walking mode)
    Thursday - 2 hour running (Running mode) - using stryd pod + gps mode
    Friday - 3,5 hour walk (Walking mode)

Saturday morning +46 pct remaining on battery

If not being used exept as an ordinary watch - based upon the battery usage on my "rest"-days I would guess something between 12-14 days before I have to charge the watch..

• Thanks. Sounds like my watch is defect... FR955 Solar. I made different settings and all suggestions to restart and reset are not helping. My watch needs 20 pct battery per day without any activity. But good to know that there are some watches working right way.  

• What devices are you using?  phone? headset? HRV-belt?

• HRM-PRO, Android, Galaxy S10 and a Bluetooth Headset PLT 3200. I tried to disconnect Blutooth HRV-belt and headset but that does not change the battery life. Also turn off the connection to the phone over some hours have no affect... 

• I am confident that the problem is the Android-OS. I have a Samsung Galaxy A13 as a backup phone - when using that one with connect the phone is not lasting a week in smartwatch mode - I am guessing that the 955 is trying to reconnect all the time to the phone. 

I Unpaired the 995 to the phone,  uninstalled connect - turned off the bluetooth on the Samsung and then I had no problems again.

• I checked my test log and the phone was tested in a previous Firmware version. I will give it a try. Disconnect phone. Thanks for the hint. Will come back with news :-)

• For me I charged my 955 to 100% four days ago, have done 4:51 worth of activities with GPS since then and I'm sitting at 49% battery life remaining. I do have the solar version and was out in the sun a fair bit during that time. 

• Wow that seems very good. I am at 87% after 21 hours , One treadmill activity of about an hour. 955 Non Solar.

• What GPS setting? All band or auto?

For me the solar ring isn't doing anything practical.

It shows solar intensity but I neven gained a single percent in real life use. Also not when I went to the beach one day on a sunny day.

I didn't had a battery drain. Then all of the sudden the battery drained. After a restart it was oke. Not sure if it was the restart.

I thought it maybe was the distance my phone was. Normally it's in my pocket and fairly close but that day it wasn't close.

Maybe when you're phone is not near the watch is trying to reconnect and draining the battery.