This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lactate Threshold Not Updating in Garmin Connect

FW 12.23.
Today, once again after a workout, the watch offered to save updated data on the lactate threshold - 175 bpm and 4:13 temp. I pressed save. Then I look at the clock and see that the values ​​​​have not been saved. The pace remained the same 4:19. The lactate threshold was 175 - there is nothing to update here. It's not the first time. This happened on 11.2 and 12.2 as well.

Top Replies

All Replies

• So in your watches disabling FTP detection the lactate thershold it's correctly recorded in Garmin connect after your watches prompt a new value, right?

• Yes,it works on my Fenix 7. As I know Fēnix 7 owners have the same issue. I can't say for sure in the 955 because the new value was detected when i was doing an workout with the Fēnix 7 

• This is impacting me as well. I have both LTHR and FTP auto detection turned on. I have had multiple workouts where I saved my LTHR and pace at the end of the workout. My LTHR is being saved in Garmin Connect mobile where all the heart rate zones are shown; however, no information is being saved in the lactate threshold graph either in Garmin Connect mobile or in Garmin Connect web.

1. FR955 running 13.22

2. Google Pixel 2 XL

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. USA

• Same here, not syncing.

1.Forerunner 955 13.22 + HRM Pro 

2. Samsung A 71

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Estonia

• Just tested, not worked, new lactated detected by watch and not recorded in garmin connect

• Maybe I've found the problem.

Today watch recorded new lactate treshold at the end of a run. Before I was able to accept the new value, the run was recorded in garmin connect, so it was impossible to register new values even if I accepted it.

Next time I will run without phone and sync activity after ALL is recorded

•      Today I included an interval in my run during which the watch detected a new lactate threshold and offered to update it. Synced using Garmin Express and everything went well. 

The phone's bluetooth was turned off (otherwise I wouldn't be able to sync with the computer), which is in line with what you write above or there is an error in the Garmin Connect application.

• This is definitely not the problem. The other day I did an outdoor long run without my phone nearby. I had both bluetooth and wifi turned off and I accepted the new lactate threshold before turning on the connections again. The new lactate threshold HR and pace doesn't show up in the history graph.

• The only way to avoid this major issue is to ONLY use Garmin Express . If you sync thru Garmin connect or WiFi from the device ... You'll get this problem and other side effects (incorrect predictions ... Incorrect training effect ... Messed up hr zones ...Etc etc)

• When you say "ONLY use Garmin Express" do you mean that one should NOT syncs with BT / WiFi at all?