This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lactate Threshold Not Updating in Garmin Connect

FW 12.23.
Today, once again after a workout, the watch offered to save updated data on the lactate threshold - 175 bpm and 4:13 temp. I pressed save. Then I look at the clock and see that the values ​​​​have not been saved. The pace remained the same 4:19. The lactate threshold was 175 - there is nothing to update here. It's not the first time. This happened on 11.2 and 12.2 as well.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi Garmin-Kevin,

I've been having the same issue with my FR955. Just got a new threshold number today and it's not displaying on Garmin Connect despite the 12.23 update. Thanks for your help on this issue! :)

1. Yes

2. Iphone 13 Pro

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Canada

• And still the same in the 12.25 beta as well... Watch reported new lactate threshold pace and heartrate today but nothing in garmin connect. Sigh...

• Hello,

Same very disappointing behavior here: 

a) On Sept 15th I ran a lactate threshold test (on FW 12.23, with a Polar H10 HR monitor): new figures are recorded on the watch - fine.

b) After a while, only the LT HR is correctly updated into GCM on Sept 15th, the pace remains unchanged

c) After FW 12.25 upgrade, I see today on the performance widget of the FR955 that the lactate threshold figures from Sept 15th are no longer displayed, instead it is back to June 21st values ! Also the LT HR from the HR zones of the running activity was consistently reset. 

Nevertheless, in GCM nothing changed. So I end up with a watch that "forgot" my new lactate threshold, while GCM registered the correct HR with a wrong pace and Garmin Connect web registered the correct HR with a third different incorrect pace. What a mess !

Regarding the questions from Garmin-Kevin: 1. See above, 2 Samsung A42 5G, 3. Yes, 4. Yes, 5. France.

• Hello Kevin! 

My watch gave me an LTHR update today morning(didnt make a picture), but it's not updated in Garmin connect. Tried both of my phones.

1. FR 955,  12.25

2. Iphone X / Huawei P30 pro

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Estonia

• 12.23 yes

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 

Yes

Yes 

USA

1. Yes
    2. Galaxy S22 Ultra
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Taiwan
  • Hi - just an update since the last Garmin Connect app update. It seems that my Lactate Threshold reading has finally updated on Garmin Connect and my heart rate zones are back to being accurate. Thanks for the fix!

• Hi, yes it also seems fine for me. I ran another guided lactate threshold test on Sept 19th and everything updated consistently on the watch, phone app and web site. Just wanted to check nothing was getting overwritten during the next days, and so far so good !

• Weird, my latest is from a month ago and that's pace only...

Had a few updates on the watch on between but none synced, also one since the 12.25 beta i believe (earlier this week) but also no dice.

Got an interval session today so expect an update again, hopefully it will work but don't really have high hopes.

Those above saying it works, was this both with an actual lactate threshold test on the watch or during a regular training? (I see at least one was an actual test)

*Edit*

And somehow i managed to swipe away the screen after the workout (apparently touch works there even when disabled during runs?)when trying to swipe away some raindrops.

So still no idea