This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 955 Series: Training effect calculation is wrong AFTER 12.23 software (may include 12.27 and 13.15 sw)

At the request of duplicate the topic here - from the beta 12.2 forum!
Instead of fixing the problem, Garmin is engaging in bureaucracy!

Because some of you have reported seeing this on the latest(non-beta) production software, let's please have you start a thread in the main forum for this device:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-955-series

Training effect calculation is wrong! After the update, this indicator began to be considered incorrect relative to the past similar workouts. 

Today, August 22, there was a training session. The workout was in zone 1 with an average heart rate of 135 bpm. Training Effect wrote that he trained his lactate threshold well. O_O IS IT? IT'S A JOKE? The run was strictly in zone 1. My lactate threshold in the app is 176! Until update 12.2 and complete data reset from the watch, Incl. there was no such training!

today's training - 24.08.22. what the ***?!?! WTF?! What is another intense workout? what the *** is a vo2max increase?!? It's a Base workout! This was before the update to 12.2. Garmin please take note and fix this ASAP!

• I BELIEVE IN THE PROBLEM WITH

1) HEART ZONES IN SETTINGS ARE DISABLED IF YOU HAVE SET YOUR PARAMETERS (THIS IS NOT FIXED IN BETA 12.2 YET)

2) TRAINING EFFECT IS NOT LOOKING AT MY ZONES IN SETTINGS. TRAINING EFFECT LOOKES AT GARMIN DEFAULT ZONES EVEN IF MY ZONES HAVE NOT RESET (YES, SOMETIMES THEY DO NOT RESET).

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • if a ticket has already been opened for me on this issue, do I need to leave this data again?

• Because we handle beta sw tickets separately from production sw tickets, yes.  I do need the data again.

• 1. Yes 2. Yes. 3. Russia 

• 12.20 wasn't really a beta, was it? It was a late release candidate, and hardly any of the reported problems could have possibly been fixed in the week it was available.

I work in software development, and most sprint cycles are at least a week long, more typically two weeks.

People are most engaged when they feel they're able to make a difference. Most of us here want to help make this great bit of kit work how it was designed to work. Having to repeat yourself like this doesn't help with this engagement.

• A mí también me pasa lo mismo. Me marca valores incorrectos del TE

•  Kevin, a day has passed, but I have not received a new ticket in the mail in support. PLEASE speed up this PROCESS! 

1. Yes 2. Yes. 3. Russia 

• Same issue: 

• Yesterday I ran an easy 21k 99% at the high end of zone ONE and received a score of 4.8 for Aerobic training effect. The details say "way to go! You spent a significant amount of time ABOVE your lactate threshold during this difficult activity.."
    • Garmin's explainer suggests this run should be a 2.0 - 3.0 for TE Training Effect Samples | Garmin Technology
    • today I noticed that Garmin had re-created a RUNNING profile with the default (incorrect HR zones). 
    • Interestingly for the activity referenced above, it showed the correct zone according to my settings both during the run and after, yet the training effect is completely wrong and must be going off something else (maybe the zones set in the running profile it decided to add, or zones that Garmin is using that I can't even see)