This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not receiving LiveTrack messages

Hey all,

I've enabled LiveTrack on my watch and a link is getting sent to my recipients. They can view my LiveTrack activity. However, when they send a message on the LiveTrack app, I never receive these messages. Do I need to enable something on the watch?

Cheers,
Alex

• My first guess would be what is your notifications setting? Is it allowing them during activity?

Enabling Bluetooth Notifications
    1 Hold
    2 Select Connectivity > Bluetooth > Smart Notifications > Status > On.
    3 Select General Use or During Activity.

• I find they appear, but only briefly, and if you miss them there is no way to go back and view them.

You would expect that the livetrack messages would then populate a new datascreen, otherwise what is the difference versus any other messaging application?

• It appears like disconnecting and reconnecting my watch from my phone will show all queued LiveTrack messages, no matter how long ago they were sent. I noticed this today as I walked out of range of my iPhone, and then when I walked back in range I had two LiveTrack notifications show up on my watch.

This might also be the case of all phone notifications, which I haven't managed to get up and running on my watch.

I don't have a "Bluetooth" section in Connectivity, but I do have "Phone", which has everything enabled.

That would also be nice, but for me the messages simply don't appear when they are sent.

• I have the same situation, can't receive the message in real time, have to disconnect the bluetooth connection, then reconnect, the message will appear, if you want to receive the next message, you have to turn on and off the bluetooth again, I think this is a bug waiting to be fixed mistake

• Alex, I have the exact same issue with LiveTrack messages.

jmto, I can confirm that my Smart Notification settings for both General Use and During Activity are on across the board.

gloscherrybomb, I agree. IMO, LiveTrack messages are actually worse than text messages because I don't receive them, but I do receive text messages. I'm not clear what LiveTrack messages achieve that texts do not.

• Here zero problems, just made an half marathon 2 days ago and received some live track messages.

Android phone.

The problem is text size. Running at 4/km it's impossible to read such small characters in such small time!