This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

no daily workout recommendation

No Daily recommended workouts for the last two days. There is a training status "Recovery". The setting for workout recommendation is on and the setting for pausing recommendations is off. I anyway disabled and enabled the recommendations and paused and the unpaused them again. I as well turned the watch off and then on. But no daily workout recommendations still. This happened after I used the watch for recording swimming in pool and open water.

• It's the kind of the same problem that the acute load is stuck, and training status is not working, it also f*** the daily workout recommendations, race time estimations, etc...

So hopefully next alpha/beta fixes the root cause for this.

• The problem was solved after a reset of the settings and restore from a local backup. Only to reappear again after 2 days, it starts to be annoying. The clues are pointing strongly that the conflict has something to do with the swimming activities. After you log some swimming activities the next day the recommendations stop. Garmin help!!!!!

• Would be interested to know the exact process, but I don't see that one would still one want to take the effort to do it as there's no guarantees the watch getting stuck again.

• The problem is that when it's stuck it doesn't help you train. The exact process is: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=AXV7LuWgc73v21nq6nbDa6 Additionally you can backup / Restore some more items depending on the model of your watch. I for instance opened all the folders and I restored any *.fit or setting file I found. Then, after a restart of the watch, even if you make a mistake, you look in the Newfiles folder and delete whatever file remained there. For the backup I copied the entire garmin folder without the maps.

• I know. My watch has been stuck for almost couple of months. But I don't usually follow what my watch says. And doing that process feels just too much work for no guarantees that it won't happen again.

• It stopped again after only 2 days it starts tom be annoying. The clues are pointing strongly that the conflict has something to do with the swimming activities. After you log some swimming activities the next day the recommendations stop. Garmin help!!!!!

• And it did after logging swimming activities, I think this has something to do with it.

• I would have guessed more for the TrueUp -feature. Do you have multiple devices and is your TrueUp on? 

But now that I think/look at my case, it stopped working after I started SwimRun -season.

• Have had my 955 for about 6 weeks now.  The Acute Load and Training Status were stuck.  After 4 weeks I did a Reset Default Settings and they seem to be working now.  I lost the 19 days of Sleep history, but that is fine. 

• Did you happen to log I swimming activity or any other activity different to running or cycling, prior to your load and training stopping? And did your daily recommendations stop as well?