Race calendar daily suggested workouts phases are reset after watch update

I’ve been using the daily suggested workouts on my forerunner 955 for several months, with my primary race on the calendar as the New York City marathon on November 3. I had finished the base phase and was in the build phase. Then this morning, I allowed the watch to do a software update to bundle 20.26. The suggested workouts have restarted with a new base phase of one week, two weeks of build, three weeks of peak, and only one week of taper (IIRC there were 3 weeks of taper before the update). I’m very concerned about relying on such a compressed schedule and short taper after losing my original schedule due to a software update. I would warn anyone else relying on the daily suggested workouts not to do any software updates until after your primary race. Garmin, please fix this if you can.

UPDATE: I phoned Garmin technical support. The representative said they could not do anything about it on their end, but recommended I keep an eye on it and see if it corrects itself. Still hoping, 3 days later.

• This just happened to me today too on my Forerunner 255s. Same situation.

• Same happened to me this past week on my Forerunner 255. I was in the almost through my predicted "Build Phase" for a marathon on November 24th and looking forward to "Peak Phase" training. Resting, hydrating, recovering dutifully. This past week I noticed the plan had reset to "Base Phase" as if I just started the plan with the race only ten weeks away. I'm a novice marathon runner and this seems like I'm being set up to be unsafely underprepared. This happened due to a software update??

• Yeah, it kind of realizes my worst fears of relying on a black-box widget rather than a traditional plan. I can't tell if all the suggested base and recovery runs in the next week, instead of the frequent anaerobic+threshold+long runs it had me doing before the update, are because I have a low HRV and a secondary 10-mile race in a week, or if they will now be systematically off. I'll follow them until I feel recovered but then if they seem too off I guess I'll somehow fudge my own final weeks of a plan Confused