This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My garmin 945 has water leak arround the display how to fix it?

My garmin 945 has water leak arround the display how to fix it?

• No warranty but Garmin may offer an exchange on a replacement if you contact support

• Started on mine a month or so ago. I think the watch is about 3 years old now. Pretty poor build quality if that's the life expectancy and Garmin will no longer take responsibility for.

• I had the same problem after 2,5 years. Reached out to Garmin (Netherlands). Garmin offered a me a (paid) replacement with 1 year warranty. I think this is more or less fair.

• Same issue - crystal started ungluing itself from the bezel. Eventually water leaked inside. Contacted Garmin. But but based on what I'm reading here - I am assuming they won't fix it? My watch died as a result.

• Hi Garmin,

I have this same issue on a watch I got in 2021. I reached out to my garmin product support agent and they provided the form for exchanging my garmin forerunner 945 for $160, but I have to send in my watch before they ship the new one. The watch still functions, so I am wondering if I should just keep using it until it fully dies. Will this offer still stand then?

• I hope this design/manufacturing fault has been fixed on the newer watches that have been released after the 945.

• Mine is getting worse each month, almost to the stage of the image above.  In Spain, the repair is about €150, which is about what I'll get for the watch if I sell it.  I don't see the value in fixing this. Think I will replace it with the 965.

• My Forerunner 945 (little over 4 years old) started to have the same issue with the crystal coming off. It is getting worse with every day. 
    To me (and after reading the comments in this thread) this is clearly a manufacturing and/or design fault which GARMIN should take responsibility for. I haven’t reached out to local GARMIN support yet but if a 150 EUR exchange is what they offer I don’t think that it is a fair deal. It rather feels like the customer paying for the poor quality of the product. 

• I got offered a replacement at a discount, but the discount is not substantial enough. This is clearly faulty manufacturing / materials. I have a decades old Casio watch, and there are no signs of the crystal popping off ;-) The notion that such failure is perfectly normal because the watch has been used for 2+ years is bogus at best... Oh well. I held Garmin in much higher regard before this experience.