This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pulse oximeter version mismatch Update software

Hi. I have a problem with the 945. Barometer, compass and optical sensor do not work (does not emit any light). I have reset the watch to factory settings, updated via the mobile app and garmin express and nothing helps. The watch works, it is not mechanically damaged, it shows the time, but no readings from internal sensors are possible. Pulsoximeter software incompatibility message appears during calibration attempts. Errors are also shown in the device information. Do you have any ideas?

• On the watch, go to Menu > Wrist Heart Rate > Turn Off

Hard reset the watch.  To perform a hard reset, press and hold the power button on the watch until the screen goes blank. Ignore the Controls menu and the assistance alert screen (if applicable). If your device is currently powered off and you cannot turn it on, simply hold down the power button for 60 seconds. Next, plug in your watch’s charging cable to a computer or UL certified wall plug and then attach the watch to the charging cable. This should prompt the watch to boot up normally. Once it has fully booted up, remove it from the charging cable.

Once powered on, verify that the Wrist Heart Rate setting is turned back to Auto.  If it is not, make that change.

Go back to the Pulse Ox widget and confirm the error is no longer present.  Additionally, your sw versions for WHR and Sensor Hub should now display correctly.

If you are still experiencing this after following the steps above, we encourage you to contact your local Garmin Product Support for further assistance.

Garmin Product Support

• Hi Kevin. Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, the steps you described did not help. It's still the same. The sensors do not work and an error is shown. I had contacted local Garmin support before, but they were unable to help me and offered me a discount on the purchase of a new watch. To be honest, it seems to me that this problem is rather a software issue, another thing is that I am not interested in buying a new forerunner and if I want to change the watch, it will be more like Fenix or "equivalent" from another brand. At this stage, I would be most interested in resuscitating the current one. I saw that you once managed to solve a similar problem with another model.