This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Climb Indoor - How to track attempts of the same route?

Hi, 

I don't understand how tracking for indoor climbing is meant to be used.

Let's say I am trying to climb the same route "6c grade" five times in a row. At the end of the last attempt I select "Attempted" (because I did not finish it to the top) and select the number of falls "5".
Here is how the stats look like:

Do you think I use it incorrectly? The previous 5c route was tracked correctly.

Thanks

• This is what I can read from your log: Route 4-8 are the same route (I don't see that but I see that it got the same grade) and you reached the top on the first attempt on route 4-7. When you tried it the 5th time (route 8) you had 5 falls and then gave up. This means that you attempted the same route 9 times...according to the log.

• Yes, I see it as well :) But I attempted the route 5times and I didn't finish it at all.

• Then you shouldn't have ended the climb for route 4-7 and put completed with 0 falls. You should have just continued with the same route. When you move on to the next route you continue on the watch and enter if you completed or attempted and enter the number of falls.

If you want to rest you can either end the climb for the route and enter attempted with 1 fall or just press stop to stop the timer.

• After those four attempts (route 4-7) I did not do any action. I was asked to select "Attempted", "Completed" or "Discard", but I have ignored it.
    When I am asked to fill up the status, I cannot go back using the BACK button and I cannot stop recording using the START button.

Both "Attempted" and "Completed" are final, asking for a number of falls.
    "Discard" just deletes the record without letting me continue.

Honestly, I suspect this to be a bug that needs to be reworked by Garmin. Or what do you think?

• The watch detected that you ended the climb on those routes and continued to the next.

If that happens you should probably select attempted with 1 fall.