This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blue triangle/pause in middle of run

Around the 50-minute mark of my workout run today, during the cool-down period, my music stopped, and when I glanced at my watch, I saw the blue triangle, then some words. After a minute or so, I was given the option to save/resume the run. I resumed, and the watch continued to count time and mileage (gps re-connected a few seconds later), but the programmed workout didn’t resume.

After I finished my run, the data looked fine, except the exercise load showed as 15, and the run was classified as recovery —  clearly wrong, based on many years of prior runs.  I checked to see if the reset had somehow changed my heart rate zones, but that info looked fine.

No prior problems with the watch, so I guess I’ll assume it was a one-time glitch. 

• Might not be a one-time. Similar for me today, around 4:30AM EDT, partway through a training workout. Had just got a prompt for next segment. Music quit, watch restarted. After a couple minutes I was able to resume workout, sort of. Custom data field had turned into a timer, other weirdness.

"Same thing" happened a couple months ago during a regular run. No apparent trigger or consistency. Don't know any way to make it happen or for that matter, prevent it. Hoping it's not corrupted memory location or similar.

• Not a one time thing - happening with my watch for about the last 5 weeks. Maybe once a week in general it resets when running. With music and a custom data field (that turns into a timer when reset) - so I assume that it is the run workout crashing for some reason.

Rather annoying really as the watch worked perfectly for 9 months before starting to play up.

Seems like a random occurrence - not linked to distance / pace / gps signal etc that I can tell. Also hoping that it is a software issue that is rectified in next release rather than hardware.

• custom data field

Try removing that and see if it happens again.

• Had this happen again today, no custom data fields assigned for the activity. So while the custom field might be a factor - it's definitely a victim, mine have turned into timers as well in the past - this spontaneous reset happens even without any custom data fields involved.

• When I wrote to Garmin, they suggested updating my watch by connecting to Garmin Express, but I didn’t see how that could possibly help, so I didn’t do it.  I haven’t had the problem occur again. 

• Happened again today.  Maybe I’ll follow Garmin’s advice this time.  I was able to resume my run, but the Gadmin training load data were based on just the post-resume period. On the other hand, training peaks appears to have the correct TSS score. 

• Happened today just before my last interval. Perhaps it had something to do with the overlap of the interval countdown and a message that my pace was too high?  Once again, I lost the load data from the first part of the run, but my TrainingPeaks stats look okay—except for the time the watch was offline. 

• All,

We believe that we have a fix for this report that will be rolling out with the next software release for this device. This software update should be 100% available in the coming days. I will be updating this thread as information is made available. Thank you for your patience while we work toward a resolution for this report.

• If the “fix” was in 11.10, it didn’t work. After finishing my 80-minute structured running workout, I hit the stop button about two minutes into the  unstructured “cool down,” and the watch reset. Maybe the timing of hitting the button was a coincidence —that had never been the trigger of the resets before.  Once again, I lost all the first beat metrics. 

• This morning my watch reset at the very beginning of my structured run—just after I hit start and the voice started describing the warm up interval. Fortunately, I was able to restart my pre-programmed training peaks workout from the beginning once the watch reset.