This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I turn off evaluation after the end of the activity (reduced / increased load) Forerunner 945.

I have turned off manual self-assessment but the watch always wants to show information from the activity after I press "save". Then I need to press done before the activity is definitely saved.

I wonder because I want to save and finish my workout right away, but it always differs in time on ’moving time’ and ’elapsed time’.

It always takes some seconds when I have to press stop -> select save activity -> done. Dont know if thats the problem but the differing seconds could be from that process. (I dont use auto pause or stop the watch during activity). Or is it possible to do like a ”quick stop” in another way - without all these steps in buttons?

See picture (Swedish).

Thank you

• The difference in elapsed time and moving time got nothing to do with your clicking on the watch. It will stop the time as soon as you press stop.
    The difference comes from that the watch logged you as standing still during the activity. It might have been misreadings from the GPS or that you actually stopped at a crossing or similar.

Check the pace graph to find when the watch logged you as standing still.

You don't have to press Done for it to save. When you select Save it will start to save. You will see a page "Saving". Long activities will take longer time to save. As soon as you see the summary pages it is saved in the watch and it tries to sync it. The idea with the summary pages is for you to check some basic data for your workout.

Then you click the start/stop button and can either click Done to go to watchface or check more detailed data, download HR from chest straps with memory (HRM-Tri and HRM-Pro).

You can instead of clicking two times on the start/stop button click 3 times on the back button but that will take longer time. 

• Run Settings> Self Evaluation> Off. You can also set Self Evaluation to Workouts Only if you prefer.

• I have turned off manual self-assessment

He said with his first words that he had turned it off.

• Yeah and the screen his wanting to get away it something I would call "summary screen" after workouts.

There's no way to disable that as far as I know, but the activity is saved before that comes so the reason he wants that away is bogus.

• Yes I have already turned the self assessment off. And I also deleted some summary-widgets but I do not think that make sense.

Today I got the exactly same moving time as elapsed time! Did the stop-save-done quickly after my run but maybe as e7andy says the time differ depends more on if I stand still at some point or if gps dropped.

Thank you

• e7andy is right. Elapsed time is calculated based on the start and end time of your activity. Moving time is based on what the watch registers as movement using it's sensors. Pausing an activity at a road crossing stops moving time, but not elapsed time, as the normals clock-time never stops.

• One question I have often wondered is...after pressing the Start/Stop button as I cross a finish line...it could easily be another 30seconds or even longer before I then select 'Save' - because of trying not to die, and people shoving water and medals or parkrun position tokens or whatever at me in that immediate aftermath...

Does that time between pressing the Start/Stop button and then 'Save' get included in the elapsed time (just as it would do if I 'Resumed' instead of 'Saved') - or - when Saving, does the Watch decide, "oh, he actually stopped back when he pressed the button, he wasn't just pausing" ??

• Stop means stop. That means that the time is stopped. No extra time will added if you wait an hour before you click save.

• So actually..."Start/Stop followed by Save means Start/Stop meant Stop...whereas Start/Stop followed by resume means Start/Stop meant pause" Joy)

Good - that was how I hoped it would be, just a nagging thought in my mind that would probably come to the front if I ever got close to any distance PB's in the future!

• Pretty much, but I don't use pause. If I do short stops it will be included in the activity without me stopping the timer or using auto pause. Short stops are a part of the training. Like the rest between intervals. It is a part of the training.

If I do a long stop I will stop and save the activity and then start a new one when I start again.